July 2012 Moms
Options

Crushed! LO's smile is ruined!

I also posted this on fb a couple of days ago, so sorry for those who have to read this again.  Chloe fell over and face planted onto our laminate floor the day before her party and chipped her two front teeth!  The front left one is pretty bad, but thankfully, neither fell out or nothing worse happened.  I feel like the worst mommy even though I know nothing can change what happened.  I just feel so bad for her because she had the cutest little smile and now I feel like it's ruined (for at least the next few years until her permanent teeth come in).

We went to the dentist to get them smoothed out, but the chip is still very prominent and we are probably not going to pay to get them bonded since they will fall out anyway.  Thank goodness she isn't in any pain.  They will just be sensitive for a few months.  Just feel horrible. :(  Hope you are all having a better weekend.
Visit The Nest
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Crushed! LO's smile is ruined!

• Options
    Poor girl! DO not beat yourself up, accidents happen. The good thing is that these are not her permanent teeth, so her smile will be fine soon!
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the kind support!  This is exactly why I love you ladies!  I am bummed that I cannot be on very often anymore, but it's times like this that I am happy to know I have special friends that I can lean on for support.

@MissMusic...you are the best at turning frowns upside down! :)
    @fishybride82...my H said I was being mean by saying her smile is ruined.  I agree, but was trying to speak from how I feel right this moment.  I know she will be just as cute and when her adult teeth come in she will be all good again.  It's just the OCD in me that keeps obsessing over it.

Thanks again for all of the nice words to make a momma feel better!!  I will try to post a pic soon.
    Visit The Nest

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ashleynakaashleynaka member
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    I'm sorry that happened, but good gracious, she is BEAUTIFUL!

• Options
    lada85lada85 member
    It doesn't look as bad as I think you might think it does! She looks beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    She's totally adorable, and those chipped teeth are cute! She looks like a little rascal. I know you feel bad but accidents happen. Don't beat yourself up. You're an awesome mom. When her adult teeth come in you'll feel a little wistful for that sweet chip- toothed baby smile. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am sorry that happened, poor Chloe! She looks beautiful anyway. I agree with PP her lashes are so adorable! Glad she is ok and not in pain.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks again for all the kind replies!! Yes, you sure all right...she gets compliments on her eyes al the time. I am getting used to the chip a little better now. @eafogel‌, you are definitely right! I know I will miss her little chipped teeth smile one day.
    Visit The Nest

• Options
    Aw poor girl! She is still adorable though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"