Baby Names

girl name poll

we have two frontrunners for first names, one is DH's preference, one is mine. for mn, Kathleen is DH's grandma and aunt (and the only family name that isn't awful lol). I just like the name Grace, no particular meaning there and i'm actually wondering if it's too common as a mn. Other mn suggestions for either name are welcome too![Poll]

Re: girl name poll

• i like leah grace best out of those. what do you like?
  • Sarah Grace seems common. Leah Grace rolls off the tongue well and sounds very pretty.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejmarieg05:
    i like leah grace best out of those. what do you like?

i'm the one that prefers Leah. i'm somewhat ambivalent about the mn. i like ther idea of using a family name but not completely in love with Kathleen.

• Sorry, I'm no help.  Those are beautiful names and you can't go wrong with any of them.  If pressed, I would have to go with Sarah Kathleen.  It's gorgeous.
  • I like Sarah Kathleen the best also.  It sounds very elegant and classy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Leah Grace is absolutely adorable!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We know a little Leah Kathleen who is precious, makes the name even more adorable.

I do agree with you though that Grace is such a filler mn, it's so expected IMO (pretty though). I'd choose something with a little more spunk.

• FWIW, I have a blanket objection to the name Grace.  It's so common as a middle name that it sounds like filler to me. It's not that it's bad, just unimaginative IMHO.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • I like Leah Grace the best, but all of the others are pretty, as well.  I think I like Sarah Grace the least because it sounds so common, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
  • I wanted my DD to be Leah Grace SO badly but DH chose her MN so I went along with it since I basically said, when I found out she was a girl, "Okay, so it's Leah, then."

I've gotten many compliments on the name Leah!

• Those are all beautiful names!  Good luck deciding!  (Sarah Kathleen is my favorite.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"