August 2012 Moms
Options

GTKY: summer drinks!

With the warm weather here, what cold beverage are you enjoying or looking forward to?

Re: GTKY: summer drinks!

• Options
    Since baby no. 2 is on the way, I have been enjoying freshly made lemonade as a treat! But the other night, my sister was drinking a mojito (sp?) that looked so minty and yummy!
  • Options
    In the summer, I just want slushy alcoholic drinks. I don't even care if I have to pour whiskey in my 7/11 slurpee. Mostly I just mix up whatever low-cal juices I can find, add in vodka or Crown, and put it in the freezer for the day to sip at night on the patio by my fire pit. I also pair these icy gems with Miller Lite, because I am the classiest. 

Oh, I do like berry-flavored wheat beers this time of year, too. Normally I'm kind of eah on wheat beer, but in the summer I dig it. Normally for craft beer I like something really hoppy, like curl your toes hoppy, but in the summer I can't seem to get into it. Hoppy beer needs to be really, really cold. So fruity stuff takes it's place, and the aforementioned Miller Lite, which is always a staple in this house. You can't go wrong with low calorie.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Msbean22‌ I totally love the slushy drinks! The liquor stores around here sell the slushies with a shot size of whatever liquor you want and they are perfect for summer.

I also love a mimosa or margaritas. It gets so humid here in KY that beer gets gross fast but the frozen drinks are great!
    march siggy: Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"