January 2014 Moms

Diaper rash from purées?

Anyone else's baby develop a diaper rash since starting solids? I'm going to stop fruits and veggies and only give her cereal until the rash goes away and slowly introduce them. Poor baby. Warms baths with baking soda isn't helping. I slather on A&D and that still didn't prevent a rash. I'm not sure if it's teething, the solids or a combo of both.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Diaper rash from purées?

• PHXmom2be said:
    Can you pinpoint which puree it might be? DD got a bit of a diaper rash with only apples.
    It's either the apples or the pears. I make my own, so I know it's natural and no additives that would be bothersome.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • esd said:
    We haven't started solids yet but for my other 2 I used Desitin max strength when they got bad rashes. Worked almost overnight.

My H just came home with that. We used that with DS.

• Loading the player...
  • Apples can be a bit acidic, but pears are something you can give constipated babies to help them poop, so it really could be either easily causing the rash (apples can do that too though for some babies, but pears definitely do).  
    Did she have more poops than normal? If so I might think it was the pears.  If not I would lean towards the apples in that one acidic poop can cause a rash. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Abby got horrible diaper rash (looked like a rug burn) after I ate pineapple (very acidic). I was able to get a prescription creme from her pediatrician and I use that if I see the rash. I stopped eating pineapple. She just started with sweet potatoes the other day but will try apples next. But if they cause the rash, that will be the end of those.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @CopperT0p‌ - yes...she has diarrhea, so I was thinking it could be teething as well. I'm going to give my toddler the pears and apples to eat bc I don't want anything else irritating her.

• Yes, that could just be teething too. So hard to tell.  Might be worth trying some veggie purees while she is settling or just stop the solids for a few days to see if the diarrhea continues, then you'd know it was just teething.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"