Single Parents
Options

This pic...

...makes me pretty fucking sad.

It's when MC came from Iraq to DC for R&R. Like literally straight from Iraq. We hadn't seen each other since high school. I don't even recognize him and I was like 30lbs lighter, tan as hell, and blonde and all of it. In one way, I cherish the photo bc it was him before he turned into a monster, but the other side makes me sad. War/military thing I guess. Crazy how things change.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014

Re: This pic...

• Options
    eg214eg214 member
    On the flip side, I was talking to my mom last night...and I'm glad I will have happy pictures to show E when she grows up of her mom and dad when they loved each other. Kinda glad about that.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Options
    I still have my engagement and wedding pictures on my wall. I don't want to take them down cause we were so happy and my kids look at them and say mommy and daddy.
    It's hard to see the pictures but it feels good to remember happy times.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In a way im jealous. Bentley will never have that. Bentley has a sweat shirt and a hand full of pictures of his dad from my cell phone. And i cant think of any story that doesnt end with "and thats how your dad got into trouble acting like a jack ass" however, the nice thing is, A has a few stories about bd before ptsd left him beig what he is now. So thats something. I still dont have a picture of his dad and i together. Thats why ocassionally bf gets forced into taking selfies with me. So our boys(and future kids) ave pictures of us together
  • Options
    I actually think it's nice for your kids to have pictures of you together and happy. My mum burned every single picture she and her side of my family had of my biodad the day after his funeral, which means to this day I don't really know what he even looked like. It also means there are practically no pictures of my brother from before he was 7.

Single Mummy-To-Be | TTC January 2014 | Natural IUI with DS March 2014: Resulted in BFN | Natural IUI with DS April 2014: Positive! | EDD 10th January 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I saved a couple pics of BD and I for DD to see when she's old enough. If he disappears forever, she'll at least see what he looks like
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"