High-Risk Pregnancy

HPV?

Hi. To make a long story short, my high risk obgyn just told me my pap came back + for HPV. She said she didn't want to tell me right off the bat bc there were new findings on it and she wanted all the right info before she talked to me. She said not to worry and we would do an other pap at 6 weeks postpartum to see what those results are. I am 21w1d. My question is for my last pap right before I got pregnant with my now 2 year old came back fine. I have only been with my husband so I'm losing sleep over how I got HPV between this pregnancy and the last. I had such a large gap between paps bc I just forgot to go for a regular check up with have a preemie son. I was thinking of calling the old obgyn to check my records for make sure HPV was never an issue before. But she should have also told me about this at the time and not that "everything came back normal". What do you ladies think?

Re: HPV?

• amwenzamwenz member
    Hpv can lay dormant and flare up when it wants to. I know it can also show up when your immune system is weakened...aka...pregnancy.
    Started ttc may 2012 Me:32. Dh:31 SA- 4% morphology Fsh:9.1 possibly not always ovulating Hysteroscopy/lLap 7/13 resulted in polyp removal, uterine septum, and mild endo stage 1 removed 10/13 IVF #1 successful 
    BabyFruit Ticker}

• It took 4 yrs for HPV to actually show up on my pap. Calm down. U probably had it but it didn't start making the cells "irregular" until this most recent pap.
    BFP 7/13 ended 9/13 MMC BFP 1/14 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • TRS48TRS48 member
    They are finding HPV in a ton of older married women & even found it in nuns. I honestly think it's been around forever and they are just now discovering it, and scaring women half to death thinking their hubbies are cheating on them. It's super common and you're lucky they found it so it can be treated as soon as possible :) try not to stress!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"