Single Parents

Tomorrow's the day!

DD will be 1 tomorrow!  I've been working 8.75 hour days to get tomorrow off without using PTO, and I'm going to get the house ready for the party Saturday and get the cupcakes made and I have so much to do tomorrow!  I actually have a friend coming to help, so hopefully this house can finally be fucking CLEAN! DD will spend the day in daycare so we can move double time and not have to worry about entertaining her while doing so. OMG, my stomach is in knots, I can't handle this, LOL.

And the only thing that's really bothering me now are these migraines! God damn summer!  At least today is rainy so the pressure in my head is not as bad today as it was yesterday.  Yesterday was just awful.  It wasn't until about 8pm that the brick-to-the-face feeling finally went away, but I was in bed not too long after that so I couldn't really enjoy being headache free.  Boo summer.  I have never had allergies in my life, but I'm wondering, since the pollen count is much higher this year, if maybe I'm developing some. Which will make me hate summer more.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Tomorrow's the day!

• Happy (early) birthday to your DD!! You can do it, mama! Celebrate, you made it through the first year!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Hooray and so sad DD is one!! Bittersweet for sure. I've been having trouble with migraines too. Ugh. Good luck cleaning.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys, I'm trying not to over-overwhelm myself with everything!
  • tig594tig594 member
    Happy birthday, Harley!!  And congrats on making it through your first year.  Now relax.  She's 1.  She doesn't care if the cupcakes are perfect or the house is clean or that her presents are perfectly wrapped.  

As for the headache, could you have a sinus infection?  I remember the week before DD was born my face felt like that.  I wanted to die.  It hurt to even lay my head on a pillow.  My OB called in a z-pack prescription for me and I literally felt a million zillion times better within 24 hours.   Allergies suck.
  • 20thirteen20thirteen member
    edited June 2014
    I suffer from migraines, and after the last 6mo of sinus infection after sinus infection, I can say with about 80% certainty that this is most likely migraines. I get them about 1-2x a month, but after the initial sick during pregnancy, I was migraine free up until my sinus infections this year
  • eg214eg214 member
    Yippie Skippy! I'm sure the party will be fabs. What a big girl! Go mom!

I also suffer from migraines and mine get OUT OF CONTROL when the weather patterns change. I had one for two days and I wanted to bash my head into a pole. 

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Happy birthday!! Enjoy
  • Thanks everyone!

@eg214 - are you on medication for them or have you tried natural remedies? I have such a hard time with side effects from pills that I look for alternatives. So far, very dark rooms, silence, heating pad on my face, buried into a pillow has a little relief in it. But, obvi, that's not really an option now unless I'm home and she's in daycare or after she goes to bed
  • Happy 1st birthday!!!!!!

I also suffer from miagrains so HUGS!!!!! I have the splitting pain, need the dark room can't function kind to the no pain but go completely blind and can't see for up to two days :/ bloody awful!

I suffer from auto immune disorders so I also have minears disease and get crazy vertigo!

Anything that deblitates you like all of the above is awful so again hugs!

I hope you have a great weekend with your little one, sounds like you put a lot of thought an effort and love into this special mOment :)
    I hope nothing ruins it :)
  • eg214eg214 member
    @roxalot - Nope. Since I've had insurance like maybe 2 out of the last 10 years, I go without. Yeah the whole dark room, quiet thing helped me immensely but now with baby girl, I just have to sleep when she sleeps and deal. I don't usually even take Tylenol (even pre baby), I just deal. If it's really really really effing bad, I'll take something and then you know it's game on. I mean it already feels like an ice pick through my brain, but when the throbbing ice pick pain/wanna throw up starts happening, then I take something and it takes the edge off for me to get through. My mom has been on Imitrex forever and now got FMLA for her migraines. I think she's out once a week for hers. I got NONE during my pregnancy but now they've returned. I do caffeine first now.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • I do pretty much the same thing. Only take something if it starts getting *really* bad. I had one earlier today and my BF (bless his heart) took care of DD so I could get some rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"