August 2013 Moms

Working mamas' checkin

What happened this week?

Qotw: are you full time or part time? You work 5- 8 hour days or what??

Re: Working mamas' checkin

• LEMSALEMSA member
    Despite me hoping to go FT at my now PT job this fall, I likely won't be able to. But that does open more opportunities to go other places. They are opening a new unit in another hosp, I may go there. Hoping to interview this week. But even when I quit the FT job I hate this fall, there will be enough hours to basically work FT anyway. So I'm. It worried.

Hours/days?! All of them. Hours vary from 8a-5p, 10a-10p, 12p-9p, 2a-2a, 4p-1a, 5p-2a. Thankful I don't hafta do any overnight shifts.
  • Another week over...Nothing major just more stupid crap added to our work load as the supervisors continue to not have any more work....just total BS....

I work Full time - straight 8h days...we do not get a lunch break, we sort of eat when we can. I work Saturday thru Wed...3:30p-11:30p...

• Loading the player...
  • This week was alright. I didn't work tues which made the week weird. We have no boss for the next 2 weeks. Yes!

We work 4 10 hour days.
  • Work is nuts.... And I am behind, and it sucks. :((

I work full time- Monday through Friday 730 to 4.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm done for the summer, but do have a lot of prep work to do before the new school year opens in December. New curriculum, new grade level, new website, new extracurricular activity, you get the idea. New everything!

The school day runs from 7:45 AM - 1:55 PM. I have to be in by 7:40 and can leave at 2:30. But, of course, there's always a lot to do on my own time. We get 45 minutes for lunch.

• This week was hectic!! We had our annual audit on Tuesday. We had a ton of prep work to do on Monday.

There is also construction going on right by my work so it has taken me an extra 15-20 minutes to get from the freeway exit to my work due to detours. So that is always fun! Ha!

I work FT. Alternating Saturdays off. 8:15-6:00! I can't wait until I can go PT!

• Nothing interesting happened this week, but I don't really have an interesting job...so no news is good news!

I work PT.

MH is a cop and works 12 hour day shifts, 5 shifts one week and 2 the next week. So one week I only work 2 days (his long week is hell on everyone, we don't see each other much). And I usually work 3 days on his short week, though lately I have been working 5 days to cover for other people.

It's kind of nice. I like working PT a lot. I feel like it's the best of both worlds. Butwith that...some weeks it feels like to worst of both worlds too! :). Staying busy.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Hectic week catching up after being on vacation the previous one. Plus getting ready to be off Monday (LO getting tubes!) and away from my desk on Wednesday. This was also my first week just pumping once a day. Feels like freedom from the pump is so close!!

I work M-F 8-5. I occasionally use flex time and change it up if needed, but not usually.
  • I got to work from home last week which was good since LO was sent home from daycare sick one day. Today I spent the day prepping for travel this week for work. My work schedule depends on my itinerary for the week. This week I'm traveling to lead two full days of training so it will be a long week of long days - probably four 11 hr days then wfh Friday for 8 hrs. Wish I could find a way to pitch PT work but I'm afraid they'd say no. Oh well. Happy to have a job in this economy. Hating that I have to leave LO but trying to stay strong.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"