1st Trimester

U/S questions?

Hi everyone I'm really excited for my dating U/S next Monday, but need some input first. Is it normal for your first U/S to come out with pictures and bring your husband??

I'm asking because I miscarried in dec and though my husband was at the appt they made him wait in the waiting room and didn't let him in at all. Also same for my f/u U/S 2 weeks later. Obv there was a problem, I was measuring about 4-6 weeks behind based on lmp and no heartbeat. But normally do they give you results and let the hubby in?? TIA any advice helps

Re: U/S questions?

• emmyg65 said:
    I would not let them make my husband wait in the waiting room. If they try that again, explain firmly that you want him in the room with you.
    Agreed. He should be able to stay even for transvaginal ultrasounds.
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • The other ultrasounds were done in the building with my doctors office. And had to wait about 3 days(over the weekend both times) to find out any answers. I cried the whole weekend the first time because the tech just kept asking my lmp and that she'd send my dr the results, end of story. This U/S my obs office set up and it's at the hospital. Should it make any difference for results or should I still have my husband take time off work and join me?
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the responses so far!
  • If you are just seeing the u/s tech (and not your doctor) they are usually not allowed to tell you anything. It's up to you if you want YH there, but there's no reason they should make him wait in the waiting room. We had 2 early m/c before DD and DH decided he wanted to come to every appointment with me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • The other ultrasounds were done in the building with my doctors office. And had to wait about 3 days(over the weekend both times) to find out any answers. I cried the whole weekend the first time because the tech just kept asking my lmp and that she'd send my dr the results, end of story. This U/S my obs office set up and it's at the hospital. Should it make any difference for results or should I still have my husband take time off work and join me?

I'm sorry for your loss & previous experience.

I would see if your husband can come with you.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Sarah1253Sarah1253 member
    edited June 2014
    My husband was in the room. I think its just as important for him to see the baby too. Its weird they wouldn't let him in.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• I just had my dating U/S last week.  Husband came with me, they had no problem letting him in.  (Though I think he was a little uncomfortable since it was vaginal)  Seems very strange that they would make yours wait outside.   We did get pictures to take with us.
  • If it's just with the tech, do they show you the screen still?
  • Ok thank you that really puts my mind at ease. Btw when I say "just a tech" I don't mean to downplay their role at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"