December 2012 Moms

I think we just weaned.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: I think we just weaned.

• I think we might be inching closer by the day.  Sessions are very short in the morning, and at night I can tell she wants it, but she also wants to wiggle around and fall asleep on her belly.  I'm going to a conference in October and will be away from her for 4 days, so if she's still got these two sessions come September, I think I'm going to start with "don't offer, don't refuse."  I want a break before we start TTC again, but like you, I'm sad to think about being done!  Great job making it to your goal :)
  • We weaned a month ago and I felt a little sad as well. She still asked for a couple of days at night but seems happy now with just reading another book. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Can I give you a happy face and a sad face? :(  :)
    I just came to the board now to post a new discussion asking who is still nursing. I bet this will answer it!

I'm so happy that you made it to your goal. That's really amazing and I bet you're really proud of yourself (both of you). It's also so sad. I know our end is very near. I'm 12 weeks pg and I can tell the milk is just barley there. I feel guilty about it. Like really guilty. She LOVES nursing and I didn't mind going to 2 years. Before I was pg with her I thought 1 year would be so easy. Then we had so many issues I was happy with each day that passed and we were still nursing. At 6 months I new we were good to go and once a year rolled around I was gung ho for 2 years.

About a month ago I experimented with night-weaning bc my nipples were just on fire and I couldn't take it anymore. She did incredibly well for her personality and within 2 night was done with it. Since she hurt her leg she's asked for it again MOTN but I didn't give it to her and she was ok. During the day I'm still doing right when she wakes up and then before nap and bed but I really doubt she's getting more than an oz...and it's hurting again. And she has a terrible lazy latch now where it seems like she hardly opens her mouth so it's just the tip and I hate it. But I don't want to cut her off.

It makes me sad :-(
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • We aren't even close. She is so attached to nursing. I wish she would do it less.

I remember being heartbroken when DS declined his last bed time one.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 18 months was my goal too, and now that we're here, I'm also sad we're near the end. I can see DD going for a while longer still, but the whole
    Process has been so special and has impacted so much of my life for the past year and a half, it will be strange and sad to be done.

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats for making it so far. I was sad at first too (though we weaned last August), but we found other ways to cuddle and I learned to enjoy the closeness of that just as much. Like, I still rock her to sleep at night and I'm not in a rush to give it up.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"