January 2013 Moms
Options

Allergist Appt Update

We had the appointment with the allergist last Tuesday. They took some blood and are testing for some food allergies first. I'll get the results in 2 weeks. The dr wants to do more tests in a few months when DS is older. He gave us an allergy medicine that I think might be helping.  C was sneezing a lot before the appointment and woke up congested the next day. I just knew it was the beginning of another cold but he seems to be doing fine now. He gave us something different for his eczema - not sure if it's helping. And he also heard a heart murmur. :( So we have an appointment with a cardiologist on the 30th to get that checked out. I'm hoping it's minor since the pedi has never heard it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Allergist Appt Update

• Options
    Wow, that's a lot, mama. Do sorry you're dealing with all of this. Hopefully your tests come back sooner. :-) Sounds like our kiddos have a lot in common--feel free to pm me if you need to vent or whatever.
  • Options
    My niece (who is now 5) had a heart murmur when she was younger. It turned out to be nothing. I'm betting you are right, and if it were anything serious the pedi would have noticed it by now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had a heart murmur my whole life, every once in awhile a doctor picks up on it and says " oh, you have a heart murmur." That's been the extent of it! Hope you get the blood test results quickly!
  • Options
    DS hasn't had any severe reactions to anything but he's constantly sick. He'll be sick for at least a month at a time then he's well for a few weeks. I had a lot of allergies as a child and my mom said DS is the same way I was - always sick. The allergist just did blood work this time and they are testing for some of the foods that I'm allergic to - milk, eggs, tree nuts. He wants to wait until after DS is 18 months to test more. I think he will continue to do bloodwork but I had scratch tests when I was a kid.

I'm trying not to worry about the heart murmur. The allergist didn't seem too worried about it but wanted to get it checked.

• Options
    Since I know what I'm allergic to I have avoided those things. He's been on Singulair since he was 6 months and I added Zyrtec a few months ago. The allergist kept him on Singulair and gave us something else - Clemastine (?..something like that). I have all kinds of allergies - foods, indoor, outdoor. So it is impossible to keep him away from everything...unless I put him in a bubble.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"