New Orleans Babies
Options

Woman to Woman Midwifery

Anyone here have any experiences w W2W they care to share?

Dr Von Almen delivered my first 2 but has since retired from delivering babies. Since I'm going to have to switch doctors anyways, I was considering leaving the practice altogether. The doctors there are amazing but the administrative staff overall leaves a lot to be desired, so I might make a move.

TIA!

Re: Woman to Woman Midwifery

• Options

I don't have any experience with W2W, but I am a former patient of Dr. Perret's in that same practice with Von Almen, who left for the very same reason you are considering leaving.  I had some serious issues with her staff, and she didn't take responsibility for them.  Add to that wait times of at least 1 hr., and usually up to 2 or more, and it wasn't worth it for me to stay.

FWIW, I see Dr. Quinn Peeper, who is in the medical building across the street, across from the hospital, and I LOVE him and his office staff.  I rarely wait long (I do get the first appt. though).  If I get the 9:15 appt., I'm usually out no later than 10, unless of course he has a delivery/surgery.  His staff is fabulous and great about communicating everything from how the doctor is running that morning (especially if he's delayed, even if only 15 minutes, just so you don't get annoyed, LOL) and about any tests or anything related to your pregnancy.

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I actually found out it's twins on Monday so I won't be able to go to W2W now. I'm now considering other doctor's that deliver twins both vaginally and by c/s.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MBush4MBush4 member
    I started off with Dr. Perret and left for the same reason PP mentioned. I switched to Dr. Lapeyrolerie and loved her! Her staff is nicer IMO and I LOVED her; she saved DS life!

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• Options
    I had a great experience with Woman to Woman.  I actually switched from my OB to them around 30 weeks and couldn't have been happier.  I got my all natural waterbirth, and they were absolutely wonderful.
  • Options
    You may want to consider Dr. Lapeyrolerie or Dr. Kruger.  Both will deliver twins vaginally.
    Mommy to Trey (7/15/04), Lennon (2/22/08), Charlie (6/24/10), and Samuel (10/26/12) BabyFetus Ticker ExerciseMilestone image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"