January 2014 Moms
Options

Any others still not rolling?

DD2 is 5 months today and not rolling. I'm not worried (she'll do it when she's ready) just curious if there are others.

DD1 was a pro roller and was sitting unassisted the day she turned 5 months. It's so interesting to me to see the differences.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any others still not rolling?

• Options
    versedversed member
    DS1 didn't roll until the day he turned 6m. He was a pudgy thing and was usually content where you put him. Fast forward to the month he started walking (14m): after that, he's been 6+ Months ahead on all his gross motor milestones.

However, DS2 started rolling both ways the day he hit 4m. It is interesting to see the differences.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD will not roll when awake at all. She's happy and content to play on her back or side. She will roll back to belly in her crib, but not the other way. She only started back to belly rolling a couple days ago. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    amt0312 said:

DD will not roll when awake at all. She's happy and content to play on her back or side. She will roll back to belly in her crib, but not the other way. She only started back to belly rolling a couple days ago. 

Exactly this!
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Options
    M just started rolling belly to back consistently this week. He's still getting hung up on his arm the other way. We're 5 months... 3 weeks? Something like that :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    Mine is 5 months and a week. And not rolling either way. She gets to her side and realizes she is close to her tummy and goes back, she hates being on her tummy. When she is in her tummy she puts her arms out making it impossible to roll over and then cries cause she is on her belly.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    Adam is 6 months today and he's not really into rolling. He'll roll sometimes from back to front on our bed, but he hardly ever will roll from front to back.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DS can roll over from belly to back but it's every once in a while. He's in DC while I work so I don't know if he consistently does it. 
  • Options
    cnctfcnctf member
    DD will be 5 months on the 27th and really interested in rolling either.
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    bkrudd said:

I know that LO can roll over, he just doesn't do it often. Like, ever. He rolls maybe once a week from tummy to back. We've only had flukes as far as back to tummy go, though. He'll do it when he's ready :)

This exactly. DS can roll but hardly ever does.

Baby L Born 1.21.14 Induction due to ICP

• Options

EG has rolled back to belly but not the other way around. And mostly in her crib. She never wants to do it when I wanna capture it on video! Lol

This. DD is always on her tummy she wakes up in the morning.
  • Options
    DD rolls, but only from her right. She never rolls to her left. She recently started rolling a little after 5 months I believe. She still can't sit unassisted yet, but I'm not worried because every baby is different.
  • Options
    RedSaffron said: DD rolls, but only from her right. She never rolls to her left. She recently started rolling a little after 5 months I believe. She still can't sit unassisted yet, but I'm not worried because every baby is different. Wait, are babies even supposed to sit unassisted this early??
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• Options
    @babychuu OP mentioned in her post that her 5 month old sat unassisted. Usually its a six month mark milestone, but some babies hit it a lot quicker.
  • Options
    @babychuu OP mentioned in her post that her 5 month old sat unassisted. Usually its a six month mark milestone, but some babies hit it a lot quicker.
    Oooh, oops. Must have scanned over that bit. Had a panic moment b/c Tino is weeks and weeks away from sitting on his own. 
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• Options
    My LO started rolling from back to tummy on Father's Day. He was 5 months & 1 week. He forgot that he can roll from his tummy to his back as he gets frustrated once he's there and rubs his face in the blanket and cries.
  • Options
    DD has rolled - she rolled 5 times one day, one after another. And then promptly forgot how to do it and hasn't rolled since! It's been a few weeks and she hasn't done it again. She'll be 5 months on the 30th.
  • Options
    chicki1012chicki1012 member
    edited June 2014
    Seriously u will turn your head away for a min or 2 and then look and it will happen. Give it more time. U can give your LO more tummy time at home, that will help then get strong. DS is almost 5.5 months and this past weekend he really started to roll around. Last week it was tummy to back this past weekend he rolls from back to tummy and last night I laid him in his crib on his back and I checked on him and he was sleeping on his tummy!!!:). Little nerve racking at 1st to have your baby sleep on their tummy. It will happen with the rolling, some babies need more time.
    EDIT- DS isn't close on sitting by himself either
  • Options
    My DD has not interest in rolling over, she does fine on tummy and back and she loves to sit up by herself but no rolling over.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"