January 2013 Moms
Options

Oh.My.Gawd.

Last night while making dinner I let DD out on our deck to play with her little slide out there.  She also had some of her play kitchen cups with her and I could hear her sending them down the slide.  Then she got silent and I peek around the doorway at her and she is sitting there, cup in hand, drinking water out of the dog dish!  Nasty, standing water that bugs crawl in and birds splash in, etc.  SOOOOOOOO disgusting!!!!  I mean, I am all for germs but good lord.  I am convinced she is going to explode with an e coli infection at any moment now.  Sigh. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Oh.My.Gawd.

• Options
    *cringe* 
    I would die..

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Options
    When ever DS picks radishes in the garden with DH he comes back with dirt all over his face and mouth.  I usually have a don't ask policy when H is in charge of DS because I don't want him to think I'm questioning his parenting, but really, garden dirt in his mouth, that can't be good.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One day before I could get the gate up in the laundry room, I walked over to find DD stuffing her mouth with the cat food. I just asked her if she wanted her milk with it lol.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• Options
    I cannot even turn my back without my baby doing something like that or very dangerous.  If I let her out in the yard, she would consume poisonous plants, find something to fall off of (can still do that with her slide), eat dirt and bugs, locate and interact with wildlife, become covered in dirt, eat and/or damage and/or get stabbed by parts of the grill, get stuck somewhere, escape...  I seriously cannot imagine a day when I can leave her alone for a second, except within earshot for a few seconds in our gated living room...  
  • Options
    We're on vacation, and decided to take DD to this little local "zoo" yesterday where you can see the animals up close and even feed some of them. DH and I were feeding the horses and goats to get them to come closer to the gate where DD could see them. She wanted to feed too, so we gave her a couple kernels of the hard corn we bought and showed her to throw them to the animals. Turned around for .34 seconds, and she eats it instead. Tried to scrape out as much as possible, but she definitely ingested some. I have no idea if they had been treated with anything... But she's always like that. Today she was sitting on the couch watching baby Einstein. I walked 4 steps to the kitchen and heard a big thud and crying... She fell off the couch on her head. Totally normal for her.

True confession: She terrifies me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ha.  Well if it makes you feel better - I find the kids who get the most dirty, and eat/drink the grossest things are the healthiest too. Including my own ;)
    Agreed :) - Although yes, I do think most of what they get into is gross!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

• Options
    Truthfully, I probably would have just laughed. I'm way more laid back than I thought I would be. My kiddo has only been sick 3 times in his almost 18 months and he gets about as many germs as he can. :)

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • Options
    DD caught everything the second we dropped nursing sessions so germs freak me out now even though I know they are good. She normally sings No No when she is about to mess with anything I say no to so the dog water threw me off. Oh well, so yummy :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"