Babies on the Brain
Options

Intro

Hi! I've been lurking around for awhile and just wanted to finally introduce myself. I'm 26 and my DH is (next week) 27. We got married a year ago and will have been together for 7 years this September. We both have baby fever and almost started TTC this summer. However, we decided we have a few things that would be easier to accomplish without kids including a new truck for him, redoing our kitchen and floors, and a cruise with our friends. Most importantly, we want to accomplish that prior to TTC so we can then save for baby stuff and maternity leave. I'd like to have enough of my salary saved that I can take the full 16 weeks my company offers (6 pd, 10 unpaid). This means we'll probably start next summer as we want to be youngish when we have kids. 

A lot of our friends have toddlers or babies, including my 3 1/2 niece and our friend's 6 week old baby. Every time we hold them or watch them we both want a baby. It doesn't help that half (literally) of the girls I work with either just had a baby or are pregnant. Intellectually we both now we should wait until next year but it gets so hard! I am actively preventing with the pill but have said if it did happen we would be excited. I also get nervous because after 8 years on the pill, I don't know what a normal cycle looks like and I have constant fears of having problems conceiving or not conceiving. None of my non-pregnant friends IRL understand because they're not at the point where they're even thinking about having kids and all of my pregnant/parent friends say just go for it (most were unplanned pregnancies tbh). I feel like we're floating in the middle where we're seriously thinking about it but not ready yet. And neither of us are going to just go for it without thinking about everything that goes into a baby. 
Anniversary

Re: Intro

• Options
    It's great that you are both on the same page and thinking not only about the immediate but about the future also! You have the advantage of being on the pill, versus doing the shot as it has a lot less hormones that will exit your system easier and quicker. As long as you guys are healthy there is no reason to believe you will have any problems. Just remember and don't be surprised when you decide your ready to TTC that it can take a perfectly healthy couple up to a year to conceive.
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• Options
    I can totally relate!  My DH is 28.  I'm 26.  We've been together 7 years this September.  Married for 2 years this August. 

MANY of my friends are either pregnant, TTC, or JUST had a baby (many of them were unplanned pregnancies.)  Whenever I'm around those friends and their babies, I go temporarily BSC.  I'm like WE.NEED.TO.HAVE.BABIES.NOW...IN FACT, TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS.  It's hilarious.  DH and I have decided to pull the goalie as early as December, but are considering waiting as long as September 2015.

It's always such a tricky balance...because we always want to do more things, travel, have nicer things for the house, have more money saved, get a promotion, etc.  Eventually, we will just have to do it...especially because with my severe PCOS and IR, my doctor encourages that I try sooner rather than later.

So, we'll hold out for at least another 6 months... until then, DH and I are going to Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Huahine, & Rangiroa in September, and then I'll be going to Fiji in December.  Hooray for vacation!
    Love. 9.28.2007.  Marriage.  8.4.2012.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's so nice to hear from people in a similar boat. My good girl friends are the no babies or marriage any time soon and they just don't get it. We were thinking of starting to TTC in July. Then we started listing all the things we wanted to do/buy before kids and realized that list could go on forever. So we just tried to figure out the biggest things we wanted to do. I think they're smart goals but we so go baby crazy whenever we're around one.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"