May 2014 Moms

7.5 hours!(aw)

Baby slept for 7.5 hour stretch last night she is 8 weeks as of yesterday and just over the 10 pd mark. Just wanted to share for other FTM s out there it does get better. :x

Re: 7.5 hours!(aw)

• 90% happy for you 10% jealous ;)
    Did she slowly build up to this or was this a big jump from what she'd been doing for a while? We are almost 5w and usually get one 4.5 hr stretch btwn feedings (gives me a glorious 3.5 hrs of sleep). She is 8lbs8oz
  • JennyinheavenJennyinheaven member
    edited June 2014
    @KellyQ116‌ it was a combination of build up and us starting a bedtime routine about a week ago. Between 8 & 9 depending on when she last ate we change her into pajamas, feed her, wrap her in her swaddle me swaddle arms out and put her down in her crib in our room. She will now lay quietly until she falls asleep once she is in the crib. She used to fuss alot and we would put in her swing or p&p in the living room etc and she would wake up intermittently. I also think being able to eat more helps her stay full longer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! So jealous!! My LO is almost 6 weeks and we get about 3 hour stretches max. She's 10lbs so I thought she would stay full longer but no such luck. Maybe the 8 week mark will bring me the magic of sleep too! Congrats on the sleep!
  • Awesome! I'm jealous. I wonder if the longer sleep stretches have to do with baby's age, weight (I've heard they STTN at around 12 lbs), or when they can eat more efficiently. Maybe a combination of all those factors? My little guy is 7 wks and only around 8 lb (was born at 5.6). I'd love to start a bedtime routine as well but his eating is still so unpredictable! He has given me a couple 4-5 hr stretches but just last night he was up every 2 hrs.
  • That is great! LO is consistently giving us about a 5 hour stretch once at night....but two times this week he has gone 7 hours as well, but it seems to just be random. He is a big boy though even though he is only 4 weeks, he is prob around 11 lbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• ns1ns1 member
    Awesome! And jealous! I was upset with our two hour stretches but last night we got one hour stretches. I guess LO is trying to give me some perspective. We're only the weeks though so hopefully it gets better. Enjoy your sleep! !
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ugh I'm so jealous. Bad night last night. He was up to feed every 1.5-2 hours so I only slept maybe an hour in between. He is 5 weeks old today and I think around 11lbs but that was with me holding him and subtracting my weight. Last weekend he was giving us 4 hour stretches so I thought that was the start of more sleep but I guess not. I'm reading happiest baby on the block so hopefully that will give me some tips.
  • Hate you. Just kidding, yay:)!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sam0905 said:

Awesome! I'm jealous. I wonder if the longer sleep stretches have to do with baby's age, weight (I've heard they STTN at around 12 lbs), or when they can eat more efficiently. Maybe a combination of all those factors? My little guy is 7 wks and only around 8 lb (was born at 5.6). I'd love to start a bedtime routine as well but his eating is still so unpredictable! He has given me a couple 4-5 hr stretches but just last night he was up every 2 hrs.

I so wish that was true because J hit that at 4 weeks old.
  • lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    DS slept 7 hours the other night but the next night we paid for it with constant screaming and up every hour. Guess we're not quite there yet!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • haylo33 said:

Ugh I'm so jealous. Bad night last night. He was up to feed every 1.5-2 hours so I only slept maybe an hour in between. He is 5 weeks old today and I think around 11lbs but that was with me holding him and subtracting my weight. Last weekend he was giving us 4 hour stretches so I thought that was the start of more sleep but I guess not. I'm reading happiest baby on the block so hopefully that will give me some tips.

We started doing the 5 S's in that book and it has made a difference in her sleep. She smiles now when she's wrapped because she is tired and she knows it's time for our bedtime routine or a nap. I swaddle at naps too and they have gotten a lot better! She was waking every 45 min to 1.5 hours and now it's 4 hours then 3 and still unpredictable after that.

• DD is 7 weeks and slept almost 7 hrs night before last. It was so wonderful! Last night I kept waking up engorged and had to feed her to get relief. Not so restful.  Congrats to you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My DS is one month and slept 6 hours the other night! It was amazing. He's starting to figure out night and day with his longest sleep at night. I was getting scared because I thought I had to wake and feed him but the dr said he's gaining weight and healthy so let him sleep and pump instead. Looking forward to see if he will sleep longer when he's 6 weeks.
  • I'm 10% happy for you and 90% jealous.. JK about the happiness I am very happy that you are getting some sleep. My LO usually does a nice 5hr stretch from 8-1, or 9-2, but he is up between 4:45-5am no matter how much he eats in the middle of the night. And then he won't go back to sleep in his crib so I have to go downstairs and put him in his swing. Not looking forward to this schedule when I go back to work in 2 weeks
  • We had 2 awesome nights in a row at the beginning of the week 8 hours one night and 7 the next but it didn't last. I didn't expect it to but my husband did, he's never been around babies b4 ours came along in his defense. Just turned 7 weeks yesterday, not worried at all since he was 13 pounds at our 1 month appt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"