Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Lunch Ideas

Now I'm curious what all you guys fix for lunch.  This is my worst meal.  I always get busy and get behind on fixing it and the little one is getting tired and getting ready for nap.  So, usually it's boxed mac n cheese and a veggie or a sandwich and veggie.  Need some fresh ideas.  I was thinking I might make one meal like spaghetti or something and have it a couple of days for lunch and the rest of the days something easy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Lunch Ideas

• Options
    Nicb13 said:
    I usually do pb&jelly sandwiches, bean and cheese quesadillas, mac 'n' cheese, Amy's Organic Pizza Rolls, make my own little pizzas on whole wheat English muffins, or leftovers from dinner the night before. DS hasn't eaten lunch in about 2 weeks because he refuses all foods I offer, even his favorites but these are still the items I try.
    I didn't know Amy's Organic made pizza rolls!  That's wonderful news!

Ditto a lot of these suggestions - leftovers is pretty common in our house.  DD has to bring lunch to her current daycare (only for 2 more weeks!), and they're a nut free school, so hummus and cheese sandwiches were a pretty good fall back if we didn't have anything else in the house.  Today she has rotisserie chicken, sliced cucumbers and grape tomatoes, and that's pretty common in our house, too - we seem to always have either rotisserie chicken from the grocery or grilled chicken in the fridge, and we always have salad fixings.
  • Options

Ds loves PB&J sandwiches with some type of fruit or a pickle. Fish sticks and green peas is another big hit. I'll have to try the english muffin pizzas.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lana22lana22 member
    Turkey, roast beef, grilled cheese, quesadillas, pasta, dinner leftovers, lentils, beans, avocado, cucumbers and sometimes whatever I can throw together so that they aren't hungry. I tend to think least about lunch and just grab stuff from the fridge when it's time. They love soup but too hot for that now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My son just switched over to a preschool that provides lunch, but for the past 2 years I would just pack him the same things I packed for DH and I for lunch.  I don't think kids need special meals.  So a week of lunches would look something like this:

M:  Tofu fried rice, raisins, apple slices, green salad
    T: Tofu fried rice, yogurt, raspberries, green salad
    W: PB&J, carrots, cantaloupe, pita chips
    R: Ham and cheese sandwich, grapes, carrots, cereal bar
    F: mac and cheese, yogurt, grapes, carrots

I'll also pack leftovers, pizza slices, pasta, stir fries, wraps, cheese and crackers, quinoa, beans and rice, quesadillas, soup - pretty much anything I would/do pack myself.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"