Single Parents

Do I need to bring anything to court?

Hey everyone. My BD is trying to modify (lower) his child support payments and we have a court date coming up. Since I'm not the one making the request, do I need to bring any documentation or anything? Neither of us are using lawyers.

BEAN *06/29/2012*

Re: Do I need to bring anything to court?

• I have 2 binders with my life that I always bring just in case (and I have a lawyer). You might want to have paystubs, w2, maybe a budget of what your expense are, proof of child care expenses. I'm not really sure but you don't want to be unprepared.
  • I would assume all the paperwork that was required for the initial cs establishment would be required from both parties for any adjustments.
  • Loading the player...
  • eg214eg214 member
    I bring anything and everything. Our marriage cert. Our divorce ppw. Emails. Texts. All copies of filings and things served to me. Her birth cert. Her SS info. I mean seriously everything. Just to absolutely CYA. It might be just a modification hearing but to me, God only knows what the other side can bring up...and if I have the proof right there to dispell it, yay me. 

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"