Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Any experience with Roseola?

DD has been at the doctors office three times this week. started off with goopy eyes and tugging ears so we went in and she had ear infection and pink eye. Got antibiotics and started those. About 36 hours later she started getting a fever, totally lethargic, bad cough , vomiting and diarrhea We went back in and they gave us breathig treatment for the cough and we started Motrin. dr said come back if not better in 4 days, it wasn't so we went back. The fever kept getting higher and I was worried about her not eating and getting dehydrated. The dr ran blood test and said it was a virus along with the ear infection. So just last night the fever went away and she started acting like herself again ( plus a cough). Then this morning I noticed a small rash on her belly. Over the day it has spread to her chest. Small pink dots. Doesn't seen to bother her. I've googled rash after fever and round Roseola. Plan to call dr on Monday but since her fever is gone and she's acting more like herself I'm not super worried. However my mom is freakng out.
Anyone with similar experince or does this sound like Roseola for those that have had it?

Tia!

Xposted.

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any experience with Roseola?

• Options
    DS has not had Roseola, however he had a fever followed by rash, because of google, I thought it was roseola. It ended up being because of the antibiotics (amoxicillin) he was on. He had been on the antibiotics for 5 days before the rash came, and it started on his belly then spread to neck, face, arms, and legs. He also did not seem bothered by it at all. I'm not sure how long your DD has been on antibiotics, but thought I would share. Hope her rash goes away quickly!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ejb23ejb23 member
    Thanks @star328 she's been on then for 6 days so maybe that's same thing. Did the rash disappear when the antibiotic was done?

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The doctor had us stop the antibiotics a couple days early, and the rash went away in about a day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My nephew had roseola. Fortunately my brother and sister in law are both nurses and recognized the symptoms right away and was able to keep his fever down while they got treatment from his doctor. The problem with roseola is sometimes parents don't realize what it is and a high fever strikes suddenly which can cause strokes in infants.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"