December 2013 Moms
Options

Baby in crib

So here I am at 6 months and my baby is still in her rock and play sleeper. Working up moving her to the crib. When did you do it and what made the transition easier?

Re: Baby in crib

• Options
    Although I never had LO in a rock n play, I did have him in a bassinet. I would suggest introducing the crib to your daughter for one of her daytime naps. She can get used to her crib and surroundings when there is still light shinning through. This will probably take a couple of days depending on how she adapts. That's what we did since LO slept in our room until he started transitioning to his crib.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    I moved the RnP into her room and had her sleep in there for a week before putting her in the crib. She just seemed ready and kept trying to roll over in the RnP.
    Also, introducing the crib at night worked better for us then doing it at naps. I read somewhere that nighttime sleep is more natural and that sometimes it can make the transition easier. I know lots of people have had success with naps so just my experience!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is 6 months and still in the RNP she loves the bunny head thingy she rubs it in her face and pets it lol
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    We had a tough transition from the RnP to the crib. At first, we had a long blanket that we put lengthwise across the mattress and tucked it in TIGHT to the point it was almost touching beneath the mattress. We would tuck O's legs in under the blanket and that helped some, but it was still aweful compared to the way he slept in the RnP. He went from sleeping 6-4 eating then back down until 6 to waking every hour or two.

After a few weeks of that mess I realized that he was really good at rolling both ways and wasn't going to get stuck I just gave in and put him down on his belly. He went back to sleeping 4 or so hours at a time. We are now back to 6-3 or 4 which I can totally deal with. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"