April 2013 Moms

Re: FFFC

• For MIL's 70th and FIL's 75th birthdays next month, the whole fam-damily is going on a Disney cruise (MIL's choice) My confession- I'm dreading traveling with and staying in cabins with a 3 year old and 1 year old. Also, what if they get seasick? H has a tendency towards seasickness which MIL has apparently forgotten. Confession part two: we are even taking a babysitter so I feel like even more of a brat for not being super excited. I mean, I know it will (hopefully) be fun for the kids but I'm anticipating meltdowns and exhaustion all around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mommy2BEL said:

@chicagobroad26 talk to me about taking a sitter on vacation...  Are you paying them or just paying for them to go on vacation?  I assume they'll be sleeping in a different cabin than you?  We've talked about doing this but cannot figure out the logistics.

Yep, she has a separate cabin. Obviously we are paying for her trip plus a daily rate (much reduced from her usually hourly rate).

• Loading the player...
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    And I am so mad at myself for a proof reading fail. I ordered a Stich Fix a million years ago for first available delivery date (yesterday). I used my business address since I don't like boxes left unattended on our front step all day... Except I put in our home zip code. Doh. So FedEx shuffled it between stations and it didn't get delivered yet. Sadsies.
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    cece2682 said:

I have no idea what a hotdish is. Minnesota ladies- Help me out!

Casserole. So, noodles, ground beef, cheese, and a can of cream of something soup!
  • My friends have a 2 year old who still takes a bottle. I confess I judged, a lot. And now I'm realizing my almost 15 month has no interest in giving up her bottle. Ugh.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• My confession is I am jealous of @ChicagoBroad26‌ cruise and wishes she would take me instead of the babysitter. I would work for free.

Ack! I know I'm a brat. To be fair...the last time we took Ava on a flight she literally (and I mean literally) threw a five hour tantrum.

• I'm going to a bachelorette pool party tomorrow and will be wearing a monokini. Well I wore a corset today under my blouse in the hopes that i'll lose even a little of this belly fat. I don't want look like a bag of cats fighting to break out the spandex so i'm desperate.

• knitfaced said:

My confession is I am jealous of @ChicagoBroad26‌ cruise and wishes she would take me instead of the babysitter. I would work for free.

Ack! I know I'm a brat. To be fair...the last time we took Ava on a flight she literally (and I mean literally) threw a five hour tantrum.
    I decided I wasn't going to go to my own cousin's wedding last week! Paying $800 per ticket to take a 5 hour flight to Iowa and stay in a hotel room with all three kids sounded like the worst thing I could think of. So I said we were so sorry but just couldn't afford it even though we could. I'm so selfish!

You're not selfish, you're sensible. :)

• So at a pool party a few weeks ago my close friend told me she is still nursing her 2 1/2 year old daughter. That it is mostly at bedtime. My confession is that I think that's too old and I was a little judgey!
  • cece2682 said:

I have no idea what a hotdish is. Minnesota ladies- Help me out!</blockquote
    Tatertot hotdish......ground beef, corn, cream mush soup, and tater tots.

BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I love tater tot hotdish. And tater tots in any form really.

Also, it purposely put Will to bed an hour and a half later than normal, knowing full well how much wine I would drink tonight. Hopefully he will sleep in now.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • One of my molars that I cracked started hurting this entire week. Tonight it has been so bad that I made an appointment online so I probably won't hear from them until Monday, my confession is that I honestly contemplated doing what Tom Hanks did to his tooth in Cast Away.

• Ugh. @ChicagoBroad26‌, it did backfire :-S
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • arschm02 said:

Ugh. @ChicagoBroad26‌, it did backfire :-S

Ugh, sorry @arschm02. That's the worst. Here's hoping for a long nap!

• Coffee. Lots of coffee and I'm feeling better.
  • Ugh. @ChicagoBroad26‌, it did backfire :-S
    Ugh, sorry @arschm02. That's the worst. Here's hoping for a long nap!
    ALWAYS backfires in this household as well -- am now a confirmed believer that "sleep begets sleep" and the quicker I get him to bet at the first sign of being tired, the better he sleeps.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"