School-Aged Children

2nd row of teeth!

Wow, I didn't see this one coming when DD complained of her teeth hurting. DD is 5 and about to start school so we will need to see the dentist soon anyway. Any remedies in the mean time? She complains about trying to push them back in of course, but I just rinsed her mouth, any ideas would be helpful!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd row of teeth!

• ppantsppants member

I had two baby teeth that had to be pulled because the adult teeth were coming in. 

Has your DD been to the dentist before?  What did she/he say about her teeth alignment? 

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • It's not unheard of for a child's permanent teeth to come in over the baby teeth without pushing the baby teeth out, making a second "row" of teeth, like you said.  Your DD might be experiencing pain because the teeth are "cutting" through a new spot on the gums instead of coming out through the already broken spot where the baby tooth used to be.

Are your DD's baby teeth loose at all?  If they're loose, she should wiggle them as much as possible to get them to loosen up and come out.

And, yes -- take her to the dentist asap.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • rsd12rsd12 member
    My middle son had the same thing. His baby teeth fell out on their own shortly after. My kids see a dentist every six months anyway ; )
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • DD had 2 pulled because of this.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"