Stay at Home Moms

FFFC Anyone?

Re: FFFC Anyone?

• H has been sleeping in our extra bedroom the last 2 nights and I have slept soooo well.  It's only temporary *I hope* - he REFUSES, refuses to sleep with our door open and unlocked which it has been the last 2 nights since we took the side off of DS's bed and I will not lock him out of our room (does anyone else have a ridiculously paranoid H???)  He had a dr appointment yesterday and will thankfully be starting on anxiety meds today so that's why I'm hoping he'll be back in our bed asap.  

That's another confession I guess....H has needed to be medicated.  And I don't say that lightly; we're really not people that use meds like candy, but if you need something, then you need it.  I finally talked him into seeing a new PCP and bringing up his anxiety so I am sooooooo hoping that things start to improve...sigh. 
  • aliebno said:
    H has been sleeping in our extra bedroom the last 2 nights and I have slept soooo well.  It's only temporary *I hope* - he REFUSES, refuses to sleep with our door open and unlocked which it has been the last 2 nights since we took the side off of DS's bed and I will not lock him out of our room (does anyone else have a ridiculously paranoid H???)  He had a dr appointment yesterday and will thankfully be starting on anxiety meds today so that's why I'm hoping he'll be back in our bed asap.  

That's another confession I guess....H has needed to be medicated.  And I don't say that lightly; we're really not people that use meds like candy, but if you need something, then you need it.  I finally talked him into seeing a new PCP and bringing up his anxiety so I am sooooooo hoping that things start to improve...sigh. 

I am sorry that is rough. My dad and sister both deal with anxiety and I know how hard it is to be a loved one of someone with anxiety.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited June 2014
    Andrewsgal said: aliebno said: H has been sleeping in our extra bedroom the last 2 nights and I have slept soooo well.  It's only temporary *I hope* - he REFUSES, refuses to sleep with our door open and unlocked which it has been the last 2 nights since we took the side off of DS's bed and I will not lock him out of our room (does anyone else have a ridiculously paranoid H???)  He had a dr appointment yesterday and will thankfully be starting on anxiety meds today so that's why I'm hoping he'll be back in our bed asap.  
    I am sorry that is rough. My dad and sister both deal with anxiety and I know how hard it is to be a loved one of someone with anxiety.

Thank you.  It has just gotten to the breaking point so I'm so relieved that he is trying 
    something.

Edit quote fail!
  • DC2London said:
    Wait, aliebno, what is his reasoning for wanting the door locked?
    I struggle with anxiety, too.  I never sleep because of it.  I feel his pain.

He is just worried that we will have an intruder or something.  I don't get it, and we've fought incessantly about it.  There's no rational reason for it - we live in the middle of the woods in the country.  It would be more likely that we would have one of those viral videos where a deer crashes through our window than we would be to have a break-in.  We don't lock DS in his room so it's not like we're all barricaded in.  I don't know how else to describe it besides completely irrational.  And of course that's just part of it but he's been having sleeping issues too - every little bump in the night causes him to wake up and search the house; won't go back asleep, and on and on.  I couldn't live like this anymore so I've been in contact with a social worker with the VA who has been helping me find help for him.  Just frustrating because I know he would have a much better quality of life if he would just get help.

Gah...a rant.  
  • @aliebno: I'm glad your DH is getting help and hope the meds help! I'm honestly almoat at that point w/ my H....not for anxiety but for extreme mood swings. Don't want to get into tons of detail, but it's been rough around here lately. :-/

My confession: I'm letting the boys watch way more tv than usual...b/c of aforementioned situation, I feel like I've been on my own lately and am out of creative ways to keep them entertained.
  • DC2London said:
    aliebno said:
    DC2London said:
    Wait, aliebno, what is his reasoning for wanting the door locked?
    I struggle with anxiety, too.  I never sleep because of it.  I feel his pain.

He is just worried that we will have an intruder or something.  I don't get it, and we've fought incessantly about it.  There's no rational reason for it - we live in the middle of the woods in the country.  It would be more likely that we would have one of those viral videos where a deer crashes through our window than we would be to have a break-in.  We don't lock DS in his room so it's not like we're all barricaded in.  I don't know how else to describe it besides completely irrational.  And of course that's just part of it but he's been having sleeping issues too - every little bump in the night causes him to wake up and search the house; won't go back asleep, and on and on.  I couldn't live like this anymore so I've been in contact with a social worker with the VA who has been helping me find help for him.  Just frustrating because I know he would have a much better quality of life if he would just get help.

Gah...a rant.  
    That was what I was wondering.  He wants to be behind a locked door, but he's ok with your kid not being behind a locked door.  But, that's the thing with anxiety: it's not rational.  I hope the medication helps him :(
    Thanks  :-/
  • Small backstory: dd got approved for Medicaid a few months ago. This week I was at the pedi and I was asking a few questions about coverage. As I turned around I saw a few women in the waiting room glaring at me. It was kind of funny that I was carrying a coach bag and now I'm that stereotype. Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone :)  I'm really looking forward to him having a weight off of his shoulders.

Can we get some real confessions up in here nowww???????
  • caybehcaybeh member
    DH and I haven't slept in the same bed consistently for two or so years. He snores and I'm too light of a sleeper. I've tried ear plugs, but now with young kid(s) I don't really want to wear ear plugs. They didn't really help anyway. He's tried nasal strips and they don't help. I sleep with a sound machine, but it still doesn't drown out his snoring. It's so frustrating because we both want to be able to sleep in the same bed, but I don't sleep then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• I went no - poo a few weeks ago.... and I love it! I never thought it would work for me because I have (had) oily fine hair and it gets literally dripping wet with sweat every day ( gross, I know.) I don't know if I'm doing it through "right" way but I'm just using conditioner - twice as much of it, so it's not like I'm saving any money by not using shampoo haha. I haven't used shampoo in about 3 weeks. I think hubby is a little weirded out.
  • I've been faithfully cleaning with vinegar and reusable microfiber cloths for months now per the knowledge I've gleaned from the bump but I was home with a puking DD all day yesterday and I had to bust out the lysol and paper towel. I actually feel bad about it ha.

Also I ordered fried pickles and boneless buffalo wings with extra ranch for delivery for lunch... at 10:30... from a place that's around the corner.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went no - poo a few weeks ago.... and I love it! I never thought it would work for me because I have (had) oily fine hair and it gets literally dripping wet with sweat every day ( gross, I know.) I don't know if I'm doing it through "right" way but I'm just using conditioner - twice as much of it, so it's not like I'm saving any money by not using shampoo haha. I haven't used shampoo in about 3 weeks. I think hubby is a little weirded out.

What's the point? I mean if you are using twice as much conditioner what is the point if not using shampoo?
  • I did tip the delivery driver well

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS is only two months old and I dream of weaning him now. I want my body back. I want to crash diet, drink, leave him for more than two hours.
  • I don't get the no poo thing at all.

Alie, I'm sorry your DH is having such a hard time.
  • MrsMuq said:
    I said it in the UO yesterday, but I seriously judge people who are cheap tippers and talk/treat CS workers nastily.

Just makes me think the person is a pretty shitty and selfish human being.

not liking cheap people can't possibly be an uo or a confession. Didn't we already do 9 pages yesterday? Please not again.
    E 7/2009, K 11/2011, M 5/2013

What's the point? I mean if you are using twice as much conditioner what is the point if not using shampoo?
    My hair looks so much better. It has great texture without any product, is shinier (not oily though), and just feels healthier. When I got a little sunburn on my scalp (I know, I know) it didn't flake out for a week like it used to with drying shampoo.

• AndrewsgalAndrewsgal member
    edited June 2014

I went no - poo a few weeks ago.... and I love it! I never thought it would work for me because I have (had) oily fine hair and it gets literally dripping wet with sweat every day ( gross, I know.) I don't know if I'm doing it through "right" way but I'm just using conditioner - twice as much of it, so it's not like I'm saving any money by not using shampoo haha. I haven't used shampoo in about 3 weeks. I think hubby is a little weirded out.

Most shampoo strips your hair of it's natural oils, conditioner doesn't. 

So what? This whole no poo thing is a ridiculous fad IMO

• LoriLee14 said:
    I pee in my shower almost every single time
    me too

BabyFruit Ticker

Most shampoo strips your hair of it's natural oils, conditioner doesn't. 
    So what? This whole no poo thing is a ridiculous fad IMO

OK... then...don't do it?

/:)
  • You can have my shampoo when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

I totally get the wanting to wean thing, but if I did I have no idea how I would put this baby to sleep.
    DD - 12/31/13
  • AndrewsgalAndrewsgal member
    edited June 2014

Is it really a fad if I've been doing it for 9 years?

My hair is healthier, easier to deal w/ and I don't have to wash as often. I fail to see what is ridiculous about it, but to each her own.
    Eh I think you would get the same results investing in a good quality shampoo. Plus also I work out hard and sweat like a pig not washing my hair everyday especially in the summer is not an option ewwww dried sweat.
  • @auroraloo have you tried Soma nursing bras?  The best!  So much nicer than the Target cheapies.
    DD - 12/31/13
  • lyingliarlieslyingliarlies member
    edited June 2014
    auroraloo said:

anyway my real confessiuon is I put a bra on for the first time since DS was born, pretty much (nursing bras never worked for me it's been nursing tanks every day) and i forgot my tits could look like this!

Ha now that I'm trying to wear real bras again I realize that they've disappeared. I was happy to be a small B, but lordy they are just sad now.

• There was this guy I used to work with who was totally against commercial grooming products of all kinds. No shampoo, soap, toothpaste or deodorant for him. I think he brushed his teeth with baking soda. He was so gross. Nice guy, but I couldn't sit next to him. I always think of him when someone brings up no-poo.
  • feffy11 said:

Mrs.Hizzo said:

There was this guy I used to work with who was totally against commercial grooming products of all kinds. No shampoo, soap, toothpaste or deodorant for him. I think he brushed his teeth with baking soda. He was so gross. Nice guy, but I couldn't sit next to him. I always think of him when someone brings up no-poo.

No SOAP?? Man, some people give hippies the worst image.
    Are you a hippie? If so what makes someone one?
  • auroraloo said:

@andrewsgal I promise you my hair is clean, shiny, and smells AWESOME (I started using a new conditioner, and I LOVE the smell) lol.

Another confession? I would never criticize someone who looks healthy for parking in handicapped spots with a tag because that just means they left the good non-handicapped spot for me. I'm lazy, yo.

But if you are going to wash it with conditioner anyway why not just use shampoo?
  • Oh, speaking of parking, here's one. I took the kids to museum two days ago and I parked my SUV in a spot reserved for hybrid vehicles. I felt very, very guilty about it, but it was a free day at the zoo (right next door) and there was NO parking ANYWHERE except for these rows of empty reserved spots. I went down all the levels in the parking garage trying to find one. At the bottom one I saw a bunch of non-hybrid cars parked in the hybrid car spots, so obviously other people were in the same boat as me.
  • auroraloo said:

@andrewsgal I promise you my hair is clean, shiny, and smells AWESOME (I started using a new conditioner, and I LOVE the smell) lol.

Another confession? I would never criticize someone who looks healthy for parking in handicapped spots with a tag because that just means they left the good non-handicapped spot for me. I'm lazy, yo.

BIL made a comment at Disneyland the other day when he saw a Jeep parked in a handicapped spot. It was pretty tall so he assumed you couldn't climb up into it if you were "really handicapped." I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything. I should have.

My confession is that I probably will not be asking SIL if she wants to do transcripts anymore. I do transcription on a semi regular basis, and make decent money doing so. When I first started SIL was interested in doing them too. Since then, though, every time she does them she complains about them, and yesterday she made a stink over the amount we are getting paid. I'm tired of dealing with it, so I think I will either do them myself, or find someone else to help out with the bigger loads of transcripts. It just seems really ungrateful and like the whole "looking a gift horse in the mouth" kind of deal.
    Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • auroraloo said:

auroraloo said:

But if you are going to wash it with conditioner anyway why not just use shampoo?

Frizz, yo. I've explained this. ;P shampoo dries hair out, which makes sense, since it's made to get rid of oils and dirt. If you have super dry hair, iike me, shampoo makes it nearly brittle.

That makes sense. It wouldn't work for me but makes sense.
  • oh, I have another. I have the slightest bit of underlying doubt about my sister's fiance. I mean, he's a great guy and gets along really well with our family, but it's still a feeling I have and I feel guilty about it. He seems to drink a lot, & I really hope it's just a social thing because that's usually when we see them so of course people are drinking at BBQs, football games, cookouts, etc.

Also, his parents had the huge amount of medical bills from when he was a child and he had leukemia. They just finished paying those off, so he had mentioned that he had cosigned on like one of their cars and something or other else, which equates to him having a lot of debt. They were talking about paying off one of their cars so that they can start a family after they get married, but then he nd my sister went out and bought a brand new Jeep. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, but I just hope that she isn't getting into a bad financial situation.

I really feel awful for thinking these things and really really really hope that I am completely wrong!
  • Mrs.Hizzo said:
    Oh, speaking of parking, here's one. I took the kids to museum two days ago and I parked my SUV in a spot reserved for hybrid vehicles. I felt very, very guilty about it, but it was a free day at the zoo (right next door) and there was NO parking ANYWHERE except for these rows of empty reserved spots. I went down all the levels in the parking garage trying to find one. At the bottom one I saw a bunch of non-hybrid cars parked in the hybrid car spots, so obviously other people were in the same boat as me.
    I love the irony of all the extra driving around in the non-hybrid looking for a spot while the hybrid only spots are empty.  Unintended consequences.
    DD - 12/31/13
  • feffy11 said:

@JMC11511‌ what is the transcription gig? How did you get it and what do you do? Just interested because I've been looking into translation and transliteration seems like a good match.

A friend of mine runs a market research company. They do interviews for studies for their clients and put together a video/report based on those interviews. I got it because my friend was looking for someone to help out and I apparently have some sort of weird talent for getting these things done rather quickly. He is in another state, but everything is online, so I can do it from home easily. Each interview is a couple hours long, sometimes shorter. They pay a flat rate of $150 per transcript. I have done two in two days and will be doing two more. It's time consuming, but it's somewhat interesting.
    Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love all the crunchy things like homemade toothpaste, household cleaners, etc but you will have to pry the shampoo out of my cold dead hands.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I give the no-pooers props. I can't not use shampoo. I've tried no poo and only conditioner but my hair feels so weird. I have super thick wavy hair & I feel like it needs shampoo haha. ESP after running or being outside all day sweating. Or beach/sand hair.

Confession wise- I worry about Z being an only child. She's a social butterfly and I feel like a sibling would be so good for her! We talked about trying when Z turns 2, which is rapidly approaching and I just feel like we are done! Makes me sad! I've talked to DH about another baby and he seems iffy and not interested. :( (watch as I say this I end up pregnant by Christmas haha)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"