August 2013 Moms

OITNB - Will probably contain spoilers!

Who has finished watching the second season?

Anyone want to discuss? I just finished it last night and the finale left me saying OH MY GOD but left me with a nice smirk on my face.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
My baby is ONE!!

Re: OITNB - Will probably contain spoilers!

• I'm only on the pee hole episode. I have GOT to catch up.

Speaking of GOT.... :) that was an incredibly dense finale!

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • V&G101808V&G101808 member
    edited June 2014
    I see what you did there ;) haha.

I'm not sure if I had just built it up more in my head but I was a little bit underwhelmed.  Don't get me wrong, I thought it was great and loved how so many storylines shifted dramatically but I think it's safe to say the highlight of the episode was the trial by combat one...

FTR I was (and still am) obsessed with Oberyn's character aka The Red Viper.  DH and I are going to ComiCon in August and he'll be there!! So will Robb Stark!!

My baby is ONE!!

• Loading the player...
  • The Red Viper!! I love him. Are you dressing up? Is N going too? He could be a little Tyrion. ;)

Yes, it was just a lot for one episode. DH doesn't think that Martin is going to be able to finish the books!

Sorry for hijacking the Orange thread; I'll be back when I finish!

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • No worries - I'm always MORE than happy to discuss GOT.  (Now I can cancel my HBO subscription, haha)

I don't think N is going this time (we went to another one in Orlando earlier this year that he did go to - we all wore Transformers shirts #nerds).

This one is in Tampa which is 2hrs from home so I think he's going to stay with my parents but as soon as he's a little older I'll be bringing him along and he'll definitely be in costume.  I'm thinking we could be April and a little turtle for next year - hahahaha.

Re: the books someone mentioned to me the other day that he's extended it to 8 instead of 7 because he's got so much to write... he's never going to finish them, unless he lives forever.  He's so slow!

My baby is ONE!!

• We may be going to the same convention... But no dressing up. I want to see Rob Stark

• I don't think we'll be dressing up to this - although we'll probably wear themed shirts because we're dorks.

I need to find some cool ideas so I can possibly make some GOT inspired shirts :) I need to declare my love for the Red Viper via an awesome tshirt, lol.

My baby is ONE!!

• I'm almost done with the finale
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Yay! I watched all the OITNB episodes last week. Soooo much drama! I loved the relationship between Rosa and the teenage boy and learning more about Morello's story. She is so crazy, but so sweet and sad. I feel awful for her.

I found Pennsatucky slightly less repulsive this season, which surprises me because last season I hated her so much she made me squirm. (Serious hat-tip to that actress, because she really made that character easy to loathe.)

Suzanne's (Crazy Eyes,) story broke my heart and the way Vee manipulated her made me really, really sad. I'm glad the girls came together to prevent Vee from getting Suzanne to confess to something she didn't do.

I could go on and on... but it makes me look like a nut.

• I have a huge girl crush on Poussey. She's my favorite character. The way her dad handled the other man saying there was a way to fix her? Cue heart melt.
  • @bellaoso My heart aches for Crazy Eyes!!!  Each time they show a little more about her childhood or family it breaks my heart.  Poor girl.  I am relieved she didn't get blamed for what Vee did and glad that Vee got what she deserved.

And Morello?! I've loved her since the first time I saw her.  She is BSC but is so so so sweet.  Prison wouldn't be so bad if you had someone like her in there with you.  I also loved learning about Rosa.  Funny, I never imagined her to be Spanish.  Her accent didn't give that off to me, but her story was awesome.  I'm so happy with what happened to her at the end.

@ladyoriza I love Poussey!!  She has such a good heart and it broke mine to see how Taystee and the other girls treated her.  I also loved how her dad reacted.  So freakin' sweet.  I also loved her talking in German, it was hot. haha.

My baby is ONE!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"