Detroit Babies

Eping(exclusively pumping)

Anybody Eping? I would love to share stories and advice with you. My LO is 7 weeks and I've been Eping for 5weeks. So far so good. Interested to hear about your obstacles and solutions and positive feedback. Thanks

Re: Eping(exclusively pumping)

• I'm planning on doing that with my LO due in May. I formula fed DD because we had a problem latching, etc.
    Any suggestions, tips, I'd appreciate it too! I've heard it's a pain EPing. :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm planning on doing that with my LO due in May. I formula fed DD because we had a problem latching, etc.
    Any suggestions, tips, I'd appreciate it too! I've heard it's a pain EPing. :/

Congrats on the baby. Eping is a huge pain but if you are committed, you can make it work. I knew that if I couldn't BF that I would do anything to make sure my LO got breastmilk and so the next best thing was pumping.

Some tips: get a good pump.
    Pump from the day you have him and syringe feed the colostrum to your baby.
    Set realistic goals for yourself and don't beat yourself up if you can't reach them. I've been told to pump every 2-3hrs which is doable when you are at home all day. If you go out and it goes passed 3hrs it's ok!!! You won't lose your supply because of one day.
    Get a hands free bra it is best! Try to pump while LO is sleeping. Buy lots of extra parts and bottles so you don't have to spend time washing.

I hope this helps. It can get overwhelming! I have my days when I want to burn my pump and other days where I feel I could do this for a full year! Message me if you need support!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for the tips!!
  • What are the reasons for EP instead of BF and pumping? My DH suggested I just pump and I told him I thought that would be too much work. I will be off for 3 months and then return to work PT (that is the plan anyway).

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• Eping is way harder than bf. My son wouldn't latch and rather than go straight to formula I decided to EP for as long as I can. Some ppl EP by choice. It's all up to the person.
  • schulme2schulme2 member
    edited June 2014
    I EPed for my DS for 10 months and would NEVER do it by choice. It's soooo much more work than BF. If you are able and willing, you should BF over EP. As PP Said, get lots of extra parts or you'll be washing/sterilizing constantly. Don't slack in the first few weeks, every 2-3 hours and one 5 hour stretch at night. My DS Was eating every 3 hours so I would feed then pump, feed then pump, feed then pump... All day. It's a lot of work but totally worth it. Good luck!
    Oh...there is a great FB group "exclusive pumping mamas". The ladies there are great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"