Multiples
Options

Hello! New here, and due in August!

Hi! I have been an occasional lurker for a while, but now I'm 31 weeks and our two baby girls will be here in 7 weeks or less, and I realize that I have so much more to figure out before they arrive! Thought I would do some reading here, and also introduce myself and no longer be a lurker.  

Came here looking for advice on what to pack for our hospital bag (still haven't done that), and anything about stuff I should have at home before the girls arrive (had my baby shower last weekend, and deciding what I still need to order with my completion discount..) We also probably need to do some traveling when the babies are 2 or 3 months old, so I'm reading through twin travel tips that were posted. Thanks for all of the great info! :)

And about me-- I'm 34, and this is my first pregnancy after 6 years of TTC, and 2 years/ 5 cycles of IVF. (I tried to make a signature with this info, but no idea if it worked.) My diagnosis was poor egg quality, and I am still in shock that it finally worked. We were about to start the egg donor process, but decided to do one final attempt at CCRM in Colorado with CCS (PGD.) We're extremely thankful and excited! 

34 years old, TTC since 12/07
IVF #5 (CCRM) finally a success in 12/13!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hello! New here, and due in August!

• Options
    Congrats and welcome!

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
    Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
    First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
    3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
    TTC #2 since ~June 2010
    IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
    IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
    IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
    EDD: March 22, 2013
    It's triplets!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! These ladies are really helpful!
  • Options
    zazu13zazu13 member
    Congrats and welcome! Ivf 5 brought us our twin girls, now 3 months. We were in shock, too! This board has been very helpful. You are in for a fun, but wild, adventure with 2 newborns. Enjoy!

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    JenyB6JenyB6 member
    Congrats and welcome.  It's great you have kept them in this long.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much everyone, and nice to meet you! 

zazu13 said:
    Congrats and welcome! Ivf 5 brought us our twin girls, now 3 months. We were in shock, too! This board has been very helpful. You are in for a fun, but wild, adventure with 2 newborns. Enjoy!
    That's so wonderful!! Congrats to you too!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome! Rest up as much as possible now. Those two are going to keep you busy once you get here.

In terms of hospital bag, I never packed one. Went in for a check up and ended up going into labor while there. I had my DH bring me this stuff the following day: comfortable clothes, shower stuff, phone charger and toothbrush/paste.
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm just a little ahead of you at 33 weeks.

They say most people overpack. I brought some comfy clothes (wore the hospital gowns until discharge), my own pillow with a waterproof cover under pillowcase, phone/charger, and toiletries.

For baby(ies), just a coming home outfit since the hospital provides everything while you're there.
  • Options
    jocie2581 said:
    Congratulations and welcome! Rest up as much as possible now. Those two are going to keep you busy once you get here. In terms of hospital bag, I never packed one. Went in for a check up and ended up going into labor while there. I had my DH bring me this stuff the following day: comfortable clothes, shower stuff, phone charger and toothbrush/paste.
    Thanks so much :) Great advice- I am doing my best to get some rest in! What an adorable photo of your boys!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm just a little ahead of you at 33 weeks. They say most people overpack. I brought some comfy clothes (wore the hospital gowns until discharge), my own pillow with a waterproof cover under pillowcase, phone/charger, and toiletries. For baby(ies), just a coming home outfit since the hospital provides everything while you're there.
    Thanks, and congrats! :) I am sure I'm going to overpack, but I would love not to. I haven't packed anything yet, but my list is pretty long so far! I should try to pare it down to the essentials, as we'll have to bring all of it home too.. Thanks for the tips! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!

I way over-packed our hospital bag for our stay with DS, and plan to travel much lighter this time. I'm bringing a coming home outfit for the babies (two choices for each), breast pads in case my milk comes in and I need it (came in 3-4 days after my c-section last time though), plus lanolin cream, hygiene products (deodorant, tooth brush, tooth paste, chapstick, and the like), an outfit or two for me so I don't have to wear the hospital gowns the entire time, baby memory books for foot prints, camera, phones, phone charger, Kindle (as if I'll have a chance to use it, but just in case), and I'll also bring a couple snacks.

I only have my bag half packed since most of the things we need for it are still in use, but I made a detailed list for DH to grab stuff should we need it. The only thing we'd need immediately is the camera and phone, so it wouldn't be a big deal to wait a little bit on the other stuff. Although it looks like I'm going to make it to my RCS so I'll be able to get everything ready before then myself if that's the case.
    Thank you! Congrats on your upcoming babies too! That looks like a really good list. Much more concise and reasonable than the list I made :) I still have to buy a few things, but hoping to start packing soon. Have had two friends deliver singletons at 34 weeks just recently, and it's making me realize the clock is really ticking for our two now! But if all else fails, I agree the camera needs to be in the bag first!! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!!

Dx: PCOS, Anovulatory, Amenorrhea 2006
    TTC: Sept 2008
    IVF#1 Cancelled due to breast biopsy.05/01/20

IVF#1.2- 9/2010 - Cancelled Oversurpressed

IVF#2 Microdose Lupron 10/2010 Beta 11/09=BFN
    IVF#3 2/2011 - 2 blasts(2/25) Beta 03/11 =BFN
    IVF#4 Lupron 01/02 =2 blasts, beta's 1-4 198,234,398,3100!!BFP
    FET 3/2014 2 blasts BETA 3/20=BFP TWINS EDD 11/27 TEAM PINK!!!                   

• Options
    Congrats and welcome! So I didn't get overwhelmed with packing, I packed a few things everyday, and would add things as they came up. I also have a little list started with things I'll need, but can't pack until it's go time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"