Baby Showers

NBSR: looking for help with Baptism invite wording

MaraLorienMaraLorien member
edited June 2014 in Baby Showers
This isn't baby shower related, but I'd be so grateful for some help with the wording for my son's Baptism invitation. We are baptizing him at my husband's childhood church and the brunch reception will be held at my in-law's house. The invitation is "from" my husband and me - it invites the guest to "witness the baptism of our son". So, we will be "hosting" the brunch in the sense that we are the parents and we'll be paying for it, but how do I honor the fact that it is being held at my in-law's - they'll be spending time preparing their house for guests and helping to make food - other than just simply stating the location? This is how the invite is worded, by default with my edits, from shutterfly: With Joyful Hearts We Invite you to Witness the Baptism Of our son "Name" Date and time Church name Address Reception immediately following "In-law's names" house, address Hosted by "my name and husband's name" RSVP by date to "my name" at phone How can I word that differently to honor the fact that the grandparents are holding it at their house, but parents are hosting? ETA: ugh... Sorry, Stupid iPad made it all one run-on paragraph...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: NBSR: looking for help with Baptism invite wording

• Could you list them as co-hosts maybe? I know that you're paying, but they're contributing their house and time.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• ccamccam member

I, personally, would just thank them for hosting at their house either with a small gift or heartfelt note and leave the parents off the invite.  Guests will realize that they are in fact contributing when they see where the reception is going to be held. 

Or, if you'd rather it be on the invite, I would list them as hosts underneath your names.  Or another option would be:

Reception immediately following at

123 Avenue, Anywhere USA

Home of Baby's Grandparents

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I would take our "hosted by...." I think the fact that you are hosting is implied by the fact that you are inviting them to witness your son's baptism, and that you are the RSVP contact.

I think the fact that your in-laws are helping is clear in the fact that their home is the venue.

I would simply say either We invite you to witness our son't baptism or, Jim and Mary Smith invite you to witness the baptism of their son.

Then, as pp suggested, give the in-laws a nice thank you gift. I don't think they need to be "honoured" on the invite.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• When a friend married in another friend's backyard, she and her now DH were listed as hosts (basically) on the invite and the location was listed as "The Ayers Home" followed by the address. Of course assuming you all have the same name as MIL/FIL this wouldn't entirely work.

Have they said they expect to be listed? Or is it a sense of obligation on your part? I would keep it simple. If you're OOT, they'll know the house is your IL's, and regardless of that a small gift and TY note to your IL's would be an incredibly kind gesture.
  • We did the same thing. Our invite just said "lunch to follow at The Smiths...address...". You don't need to acknowledge who is hosting / paying. People will assume it is you and that the reception is at a convenient place. You can personally thank them with a gift if you would like.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • I think the wording you have is very nice.  If you want to formally thank your in laws you can always offer up a toast to them for their loving gesture of hosting your guests at their home. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"