May 2014 Moms
Options

Baby Acne

Anyone else dealing with it? It started last week with just a few little zits but in the past few days it's gotten so much worse and spread to her ears, the back of her neck and her scalp! I called the ped bc I don't want it to be a rash and not realize it - I didn't know it could spread that much. They said it was normal to be there but to call and make an appointment if it looks infected or 'I am not comfortable with the way it looks.' Well of course I'm not comfortable with it - she's got pizza head at 4 weeks!! She told me to wash it with sensitive soap so I'm gonna try that for a few days and see if it gets better. I am sure it's not bothering her but it just looks so bad. :-/ Anyone have experience with it?
image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Baby Acne

• Options
    My baby had a bad case for two weeks. It was all over his chest and arms too! I use California Baby soap and Burt's Bees lotion and eventually it went away. Also put some A&D on it but that didn't seem to make a difference.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    DS had it at about a week.  The pedi said it's normal and it'll go away on it's own, which it did.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO 4w3d just broke out yesterday on her cheeks and under her nose. I have a pedi appt on Fri so I plan to ask about it then. From what I read it comes on around this time and there isn't much you can do but wait for it to go away (and resist the urge to pick...)
  • Options
    DD had it pretty bad on her face and head. We were told not to do anything special, but also to bathe her only every 3-4 days. That would give it time to dry out or whatever it does. Sure enough it went away. 
  • Options
    My DD had it bad also, I put breast milk on it , not sure if it helped but it did clear up regardless and her skin has looked great for the last month or so.
  • Options
    Dd has had milia since she was born. Some have gone away, but she still had 10-15 on her face.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My Hooligans.....Samuel Brice-Fritzgerald (6/30/10) and Payton Elizabeth (7/23/08)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My guy has it on his face, scalp, neck and back. It's pretty yucky looking. Pedi saw it and was not concerned. It's starting to go away little by little now.
  • Options
    T has some now. Comes and goes but seems to be aggravated by heat. Keep baby cool and use a clean cloth (no soap) to wipe face after feedings if there is any spit up or milk.

I haven't tried it yet, but I read applying a small amount if Lansinoh cream before bed can help it clear up.
    3/29/12 - Married my soulmate
    BFP #1 - 3/23/13 // EDD - 11/27/13 // M/MC - 5/3/13 // D&C - 5/4/13
    BFP #2 - 8/26/13 // EDD - 5/10/14 // Born 5/18/14

image    image    image

• Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    My little guy has a bad case. He also gets red and blotchy very easily with heat or touch. I hope he outgrows it , but I still have acne at 41 years old, so he's probably doomed to have my bad skin.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Thanks all! I thought it was normal too until it started to look so bad!! @KBowen715‌ I had the same thought too! I'm glad I'm not the only vain one lol! She's got her daddy's skin.... :-(

• Options
    My DD has a bad case also. I had posted about it about a week ago with a picture. Hers is on her back of her head, neck, behind her ears, cheeks, and upper chest. I've been just washing her face normally and it's clearing up.
  • Options

My DD has a bad case also. I had posted about it about a week ago with a picture. Hers is on her back of her head, neck, behind her ears, cheeks, and upper chest. I've been just washing her face normally and it's clearing up.

Missed that post whoops! Good to know it's clearing up along with other peoples too!

• Options
    I've noticed breast milk has decreased it but not totally gone yet :/
  • Options
    My MW said it peaks at 6-8weeks. Along with cradle cap. And she said the heat doesn't help their skin. Don't know why but it has a factor for those warm spring summer babies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"