April 2013 Moms

I feel like doctors don't care about me

After trying for over 2 years, I am 8 weeks yesterday with our first. We are excited, scared and really want confirmation. My only "symptoms" are fatigue and mood swings like a teenage girl. I have experienced some brown light spotting in the past 2 weeks on and off. I called the obgyn to set up an apt when I was a week late. They set me up with a apt for a phone interview to gauge my risk level at over 9 weeks. I don't even see a doctor that day!! I called back and told them about the spotting and that I wanted to hurry the process along. They said without pain, it's normal and wait until my phone call. And that I will be seen "shortly" after that. Is it normal for a doctor office to dismiss your concerns and not even confirm a pregnancy if you ask? I got angry and tried to make an appointment with another doc and it was the same thing. Am I crazy or is this normal?

Re: I feel like doctors don't care about me

• Good luck I don't think its normal
  • I don't know how I ended up in this forum. I cant figure out how to delete it.  Thank you for your input. Im glad im not crazy
  • Loading the player...
  • CanukMamCanukMam member
    edited June 2014
    See you over in J15 maybe :)

edit: yup there you are
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think that under normal circumstances it is pretty normal to not be seen until the 10-12 week mark.  However, if you're spotting / cramping, I would call and ASK for a pregnancy confirmation appointment.  That's what I did - they did my HCG and also my progesterone; had me come back two days later for another HCG test to make sure it was doubling... I was found to have extremely low progesterone with both my pregnancies and doing this meant I could get on the supplements right away, which may have kept me pregnant.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"