April 2013 Moms

GTKY: A Day in Your Life

I totally meant to post this in the morning, oops.

Anyway, I'm curious. Post what a typical day is like for you. Be as specific or as vague as you please.
Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY: A Day in Your Life

• edited June 2014
    Our routine varies because we keep having stuff mess it up, but this is how it's been going since last week:
    I wake up around 5:30 and register that my husband is going to work and then fall back asleep. Sonya usually wakes up between 6-8 A.M.; I bring her in bed with me to nurse and pray she falls back asleep until 9. Then we officially get up, I put her back in her crib with some books while I get dressed, then I get her dressed and I lay on her bedroom floor while she plays and "reads" books to me.
    Around noon, when I'm finally awake and functioning enough to navigate stairs, we go downstairs and I make us lunch. Then I do chores while she watches Sesame Street or I put her shoes on and we go get the mail and then play outside. She usually naps around 1 P.M.; sometimes it's a long nap, sometimes it's only half an hour.
    My husband gets home from work around 3; when they have daddy-daughter time, I either run errands or do more stuff at home. One of us makes dinner and we all eat. Bedtime routine starts around 9:30; I give Sonya her iron drops, brush her teeth, give her a shower, and then nurse her to sleep. She fights sleep, though, so sometimes she doesn't go down for the night until after 11 or so. By then, my husband is almost certainly asleep, so I finally have me time, which is spent cleaning up the kitchen from dinner (if it wasn't done already) and reading or writing. I try to go to bed by 2 A.M.

...wow, my life is really boring. It works for me right now though, so I can't complain too much. Edited to add nap time.
    Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    edited June 2014
    Weekday:
    UP at 5 or 5:30; quick shower and throw on bathrobe, comb through hair, put product on and let hair partially air dry while making coffee, breakfast, and bottle for J.  Sit quietly for as long as he'll let me and check email, bump, facebook... eat a little breakfast, blow out hair, throw on clothes, maybe pack lunches / prep dinner, wake James up if he hasn't woken already (or DH does it), clean diaper, bottle, dress him, pack lunches, load up the car and the child, daycare drop off, commute into work - butt at desk around 7:30-7:45. 

Meetings all day.
    Try to leave around 4 PM to get home, sit for a few minutes and deal with anything house/car/life related, start dinner (although lately I've been on a cheese and cracker diet), DH gets home with James, I feed him right away, we have a bath, some play time, book/bottle/bed around 7 or 7:30, then I fix dinner for DH and I.... then Dishes and cleanup from dinner, laundry, cleaning and other house / yard stuff.  
    Collapse on sofa to watch mindless TV, attempt adult conversation with husband, a few checks of work email and calendar in between FB and Bump and personal email.  Bed. 

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Weekends: wake up whenever, deal with James whenever he wakes up, try to remain as lazy, unstructured, and unkempt as possible until Monday hits again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I typically work from home unless I have business travel...so weekdays, get up at 7, brush teeth, shower, get dressed. Wake baby up usually around 7:45, brush her teeth, clean her up, diaper change and drop off at daycare by 8 (it's like 0.1 miles from the house). On M, W, F, I'll usually either get up at 6 to go work out before I start my day or if I'm lazy, I'll swing by the YMCA after dropping the baby off.

Get home, eat quick breakfast and start working in home office at 8:30. DH usually leaves for work at 9. I usually "break for lunch" around 11, but usually I work through lunch or I'll start prepping dinner during my lunch time. I

I pick up the baby usually between 4:30 - 5, feed her a quick snack, we play for a little while and I get dinner started. DH gets home around 5:30 - 6 and we eat dinner by 7. Bedtime routine starts at 8 and she's in bed by 8:30. DH cleans up/does dishes while I do bedtime.

On weekends, we just play it by ear.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Wake up at 5, shower, at work by 6:30. DH at home until my mom arrives at 7:30 which is around the time Jacob wakes up. He eats breakfast, plays, has lunch and goes down for a nap around 11. I get home around 3pm, we go for a walk to the park, come home and make dinner, eat around six. Family walk around neighborhood, play a little bit, start bedtime routine around 8:30. Jacob is usually asleep by 9:30, then I might catch a few minutes of a show or try to take care of something or run to Target before heading to bed around 10:30. You'll notice there is no working out included here...I honestly cannot find the time. I would either have to wake at 4:30 or attempt to work out after 9:30, neither of which I can handle! Ugh.

Anniversary

• Wake up at 5, shower, at work by 6:30. DH at home until my mom arrives at 7:30 which is around the time Jacob wakes up. He eats breakfast, plays, has lunch and goes down for a nap around 11. I get home around 3pm, we go for a walk to the park, come home and make dinner, eat around six. Family walk around neighborhood, play a little bit, start bedtime routine around 8:30. Jacob is usually asleep by 9:30, then I might catch a few minutes of a show or try to take care of something or run to Target before heading to bed around 10:30. You'll notice there is no working out included here...I honestly cannot find the time. I would either have to wake at 4:30 or attempt to work out after 9:30, neither of which I can handle! Ugh.
    I'm amazed your little dude can stay awake that late!  James is rubbing his eyes and snuggling into my chest by 7:30 PM!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JSS1002‌ he used to go to bed much earlier, but with it staying light out later paired with his long naps (3-4 hours!) he is good to go! :)

Anniversary

• Tues-Friday: (my husband is traveling for work right now, so it's just me and baby girl!)

6:00am: I'm up for the day. Get ready, make coffee, set out Claires milk and morning snack

6:30am: Claire usually wakes up, or I wake her. Get her dressed for daycare, brush her teeth, and put her in the highchair to eat. Pack up my lunch and her daycare bag

6:50am: Out the door to daycare, which is 2 minutes away

7:00am-5:30pm: Work. I live about 3 minutes away from my office

5:40pm: pick up Claire, go for a quick walk or go to the park

6-6:30pm: Dinner for both of us. Usually quick, or something I prepped the night before

7:00pm: Bath for Claire

7:30pm: Bottle and bedtime for Claire. After that, I do dishes, prep the next nights meal if I need to, and take a shower. I'm usually in bed by 9:00pm :)

Saturday-Monday:

Daddy is home!! And I have off on Mondays. Our schedules are pretty lax...Claire usually wakes up at 7 am instead of 6:30. We spend time as a family, run errands, do yardwork, Claire naps a couple times, eat dinner, and Jason and I have adult time after she goes to bed. We have beers, play a game, talk, watch TV. On Mondays, Claire and I usually go do a fun activity...this week was the beach.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 5:45 - wake up and work out

6:40 - run through the shower

6:50-7:15 - get myself ready

7:15-7:45 - get A up, feed her breakfast, ger her dressed, read a book or 2

8 - out the door

8:05 - drop off A at daycare

8:15 - 4pm work work work...oh and bump

4:15 - pick up A

4:25-5pm  play with A

5pm - dinner

5:30 - bath

6pm - bed for A

6-9  H and I eat dinner, read, watch tv, etc.
  • @saxchloe She has been sleeping like this since she was like 6 months old. I swear I'm not having another child because there is no way I will get this lucky twice

I should add that we put her to bed at 6, she usually babbles to herself until 6:30ish but thats her wind down time. She also wakes up between 6:45-7 and does the same thing and hangs out until i come get her
  • edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wake up at 7 to shower and get ready for work while having my morning conversation with my husband (who gets up early to play games before Brayden gets up).  8 leave the house for work to make it between 8:15-8:30.  Somewhere between 11-1 I take a lunch and go to the mall, Target, the nail shop, or Starbucks to have some me time.  At 5ish I head to the store (yes almost every single day) to get something for dinner to cook or that's pre made (like the baked chicken from Albertson's).  At 6 all three of us take a walk or go to the park because that's "No electronics time".  We eat dinner at about 7:30p and just hang out.  At 9p I give Brayden a bath then I nurse him and put him to sleep.  From 10 to about 11;30, my husband and I watch one of a few of our show or a movie then I head to sleep.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Up at 5 am reading NYT on my phone before everyone wakes up. Everyone up by 630 to get showered/dressed for gymnastics or camp, etc. Breakfast on the run and at the pool by 10 am with those who don't have obligations. Phee naps while others swim. Lunch picnic before gymnastics pick up at 1.

Home for a few hours for resting the bigs. Once over the house while phee naps at 3. Start dinner at home or MILs house at 5 pm and off to baseball practice at 7. Home by 9.

Bathe phee. Bed.

I love how relaxed summer is. Everything changes July 1 though. I've been mostly gone from the bump because no wifi at pool/park/baseball, but I got a job and will be full time working at a therapeutic farm starting next month!
    If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"