Nurseries and Baby Gear

Would you paint the closet?

Leave it to my mom to make me second guess my decisions.

We have a painter coming on Tuesday to paint the nursery (yeah, we are lazy). I was talking to my mom on the phone today, and casually mentioned I was hanging up baby clothes in the closet when she called. Her first reaction was, "you're just going to have to take them down when the painter comes so he can paint the closet."

Um what? I didn't even think about having the closet painted. Is that weird?

The nursery will be a light green color. The closet is white. The trim in the room is white. The blinds are white. Is it weird to have a white closet with a green room?

I didn't think it would be. But is it preferred to paint it the same color as the room?

We might be selling the house in a year or less, so I also need to think about what buyers might think.

Oh mother of mine...

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Would you paint the closet?

• asm07asm07 member
    I wouldn't worry about painting it, especially since it's white. I don't think I've ever had any closets painted the same color as the room. Keep on hanging up clothes. :-)
  • We painted our closets, but not the room color we painted them white. They just looked dingy and I figured I might as well get the whole room looking good at once.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • AKB090609AKB090609 member
    edited June 2014
    Bump burp.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks everyone! I'm not going to worry about it now. White they shall remain!

The painter is a groupon deal, so I'm not going to pay extra to have him repaint the closets white again :) they don't look that bad.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • as long as the paint in the closet is in good condition (not peeling, or drawn all over, etc), wouldn't bother.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'd repaint if they were in poor condition. Otherwise nope
  • I wouldn't, to me it's a waste of time, paint and money. Plus when you load the closet with clothes you win't appreciate the color anyway. BUT I do know some people who pained the inside of the child's closet with coordinating paint and made a big deal about it. That's not something i personally care about. It's a personal preference i guess.
  • We installed a new shelving system in our closet and had to repaint to cover the holes from the old shelf that was there. We decided at that point to paint it a bright purple which makes our white shelving really pop. We did this ourselves though but it's a fun surprise when you open the closet.

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"