Pregnant after 35

Insurance doesn't cover screenings?!

This is the first time I am pregnant after having to purchase our own insurance policy. Previously, we were covered via my work policy. At the time I chose the policy we have now we were not planning to have more kids, but I was still assured that pregnancy was covered, just in case. It is a fairly comprehensive policy supposed to be comparable to what I had. BUT, Turns out they only cover basic office visits and one ultrasound. Apparently NO risk-screening tests (which I considered standard!) are covered and don't even apply to my deductible. I am obviously not happy. I am trying to get info on what our costs would be b/c I certainly am not willing to forgo all screenings.

Is anyone else in this position? Any info on costs of tests if you are/have paid? I'm still on hold with my health system now.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Insurance doesn't cover screenings?!

• Not from personal experience but from what I've read from other posts on TB. I think the makers of MaterniT21 will do it for out of pocket ladies for a reduced rate.  You might want to contact the lab that makes the test. GL what a hassle for you so sorry you are dealing with this.

JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• lcwedlcwed member
    Do they know you are AMA, I have read that some screenings are covered if they are AMA.  With DD at 34, the only screening I had was the basic blood one, maybe called a quad screen, and that came back low so nothing further was done.  I know I only had a dating u/s and anatomy scan at 20 weeks.  I'm not sure what I will get this time as I am in a different city.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Loading the player...
  • When I had DD my situation was very similiar. I had just purchased my own insurance. I had been laid off and the cobra was astronomical! Anyway, turns out only the birth was covered! Not one single well visit, not one blood test, not one ultra sound! Nada. It was a very stressful thing. I'm sorry your dealing with this too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"