North Carolina Babies

frick!

I just found out starting next month, DH will only get paid every 2 weeks.  Right now he gets paid every week.  Not a big deal you're thinking?  Well, I only get paid once a month, at the end of the month.  DH getting paid weekly was huge.  And, since they're just starting, he actually goes 3 weeks before getting his first check, AND there are 5 weeks in January, so I have to wait 5 weeks to get my check! 

Yeah, and we're supposed to be somehow crawling out of debt.  Daycare is going to have to go on a credit card this month, and I'll just have to pay it off when I get paid.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: frick!

• Ugh - we went through that last year as well!  It's soooo annoying! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That stinks Mikey! I get paid weekly, so I completely understand what an adjustment it would be to go from weekly to bi-weekly, most weeks we have very little in our checking account when I get paid. Good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • That is our schedule too, mine is twice a month, DH is once. I don't know what we would do without my paycheck in the middle! We went from weekly to once a month with DH and it was hard, but I just arranged how we paid bills differently, and it worked.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH and I always get/got paid at the end of the month so I think you'll adjust, but EEEK -- to have to wait THAT long the first time?  We'd totally be in the same boat.  That just pushes everything back.  I always had that problem waiting for my August paycheck after not having been paid since May (school system).  The money will be there, just not...yet.  I'm SO sorry! Sad

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Yuck, that sounds like what they do to state employees... we get paid the Friday before Christmas (so we got paid on the 19th) and we won't get paid again until January 31!  But they do it every year so I've gotten better about planning, but it still sucks! 
  • I've always gotten paid at the end of the month.  I think if things weren't so tight it wouldn't be so bad.  Or if we could just get ahead one month.  But something's always coming up.  5 week months are always the hardest for us anyway.  Oh well.  Such is life.  At least we both have jobs and are getting paid.

• I know it can be really hard! I get paid 1X a month and DH gets every other week so it's the same schedule. The worst is the beginning of the month b/c it seems like everything is due at once and we just don't have all the money at that point!

Good luck getting everything straightened out- hopefully once you see how everything works, you will have a smooth month in Feb. We still have slip ups sometimes but luckily there are temporary fixes like CCs, like you said.

• imagesurfnsandbride:
    Yuck, that sounds like what they do to state employees... we get paid the Friday before Christmas (so we got paid on the 19th) and we won't get paid again until January 31!  But they do it every year so I've gotten better about planning, but it still sucks! 

DH is the same way.  He got paid nearly 2 weeks ago instead of today.  I always thought it was nice of them though! Smile  (And the potential of more sales tax revenue is good for them!)

imageimageimage

• imagealchris:

imagesurfnsandbride:
    Yuck, that sounds like what they do to state employees... we get paid the Friday before Christmas (so we got paid on the 19th) and we won't get paid again until January 31!  But they do it every year so I've gotten better about planning, but it still sucks! 

DH is the same way.  He got paid nearly 2 weeks ago instead of today.  I always thought it was nice of them though! Smile  (And the potential of more sales tax revenue is good for them!)

Yeah, we got paid last wednesday, so that makes it even worse.  The good thing is that we both got Christmas bonuses, and we got some money for Christmas, but I was planning on putting ALL of that money towards debt, not to live off of.

• imagemrsmikey:
    I've always gotten paid at the end of the month.  I think if things weren't so tight it wouldn't be so bad.  Or if we could just get ahead one month.  But something's always coming up.  5 week months are always the hardest for us anyway.  Oh well.  Such is life.  At least we both have jobs and are getting paid.

I understand -- it's a long time to wait.  I had a problem at the end of November because Thanksgiving pushed everything back a few days but bills were still due on time, and it was a pain.  Just 24 hours can make a difference as far as when money comes in and bills are due, let alone an extra week or more.  I'm sorry. Tongue Tied

imageimageimage

• UGH! That stinks.....it must be hard trying to adjust like that. Friends of ours just went to monthly payemtns too. She is a teacher so she was used to it but now his company is doing the same thing. They are not looking forward to it!
  • Why do companies do this to their employees? ?I'm sitting here right now trying to work a new budget since DH's company decided that instead of paying on the 15th and 30th, they're going to just pay every other week. ?So he'll get 26 checks instead of 24. ?Which will be nice in July when he gets 3 checks....but what do I do about Jan-June when our budget is a LOT lower then what we're used to.....how am I supposed to make that work? ?ARGH!
  • That really sucks. Yikes!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"