December 2013 Moms

Shitty sleeper.... I don't know how much longer I can do this

My LO is still getting up every 2-3 hours to feed. Always has. Is anyone else in this boat? I'm so exhausted that I don't know what to do.

Yesterday I popped the trunk from inside my car. Then I went to get my stroller. When I got to my trunk I thought "omg. I drove all the way here with my trunk open. DH must not have shut it yesterday after taking groceries out". It wasn't until I was telling my husband that night that it dawned on me. I OPENED THE TRUNK. Scary...

Re: Shitty sleeper.... I don't know how much longer I can do this

• Ya I did some research about night weaning but what I read suggested CIO for night weanjng wasn't good. Only for if they just strictly wake. The night weaning ideas I read were that every night you shortened their feed. Until the feeds were really short. And then eventually had just dad go in or someone else who doesn't feed them and soothe. So I'm not sure if that's what I should be doing. On kellymom it said kids will night wean eventually on their own. I'm just nervous for how long that's going to take. I've tried feeding him more in the day but often he isn't interested. So that's tough.
  • I had sleep regression issues like that and I think my LO is finally back to normal. I could barely function at work and thought I was going to fall asleep driving a few times it was so bad.
    I let her nurse all evening, for about 2-3 hours straight (she also doesn't eat much at daycare). Then once she's fallen asleep I let her CIO if she wakes between 8-4. I can't check on her though cause she cries even harder if she sees me or I touch her. Last night we were down to just one wake and it was only 15 min! I'm hoping tonight she won't wake at all. Good luck because not sleeping suuuuucks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I am in the same boat luckily my husbands and I rotate shifts or I would go crazy working full time and taking care of everything else that has to get done.
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • My advice is don't respond to the first waking and see what happens. I discovered my baby would wake and if i didnt run in he went back to sleep on his own. I also try and feed a lot in the evening. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sadly I've tried not responding.. It ends up in full blown crying. And he eats well at each waking. I think it's just my kid. :(. I'll maybe try it again though
  • I hope not!! I keep telling myself it's a short time in his life.. And mine.. I'm just thankful for a long maternity leave in Canada. I don't know how you USA moms do it. I feel for you!!! :(
  • bty19bty19 member
    edited June 2014
    I still don't know how many ounces LO eats, and I don't know how to tell the difference between waking to nurse out of habit or actually hungry!
    She woke at 12 last night and I let her cry/fuss instead of feeding her like I normally would... she was passed out by 1230 then woke at 3am and I fed her then....So I only ended up feeding her once last night, but she woke up twice.  *This is not the norm. Usually I end up feeding twice, but sometimes three.
    Then I felt bad thinking, what if she really was hungry at midnight and I just ignored her?  Arg.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• well I guess I know I'm not alone in this!! We just have to keep on trucking.. Lol
  • I was excited that Logan only woke up 3 times last night ( it's usually every 2 hours from 11 on) :-)  You're not alone.  I think I'm so used to being sleep deprived that I felt great today. I know we need to do some sleep training, but I'm scurred.  I'm such a softie and I hate hearing him cry.  I know some of it is comfort nursing, but he's so inconsistent in what he eats at daycare.  Today he drank 7 oz.  Yesterday he drank 21. 

That turned into a novel, but have no fear, I'm up all night too!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We are doing BLW too @mtb21‌ Last night though I did give him some cereal. But I didn't put it in his mouth. I just held it out and let him come to the spoon and eat it. Surprisingly it actually worked. I know that's not true baby led weaning but I'm ok with that. Because my main goal is for him to feed himself. And if he's going for it himself I'm ok with that! :) He slept a little better. He ate at 11. Soother at 2. Ate at 330 and then again at 7. So maybe that helped? Who knows.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"