Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Into *living child mentioned*

Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a while and thought it was time to share our story. This past month and a half has been the hardest of my life and it would be nice to have someone (besides my husband) to talk to that knows what I'm going through. Sorry if this gets long.

At 19w 3d we went for our anatomy scan and found out our little one had very low amniotic fluid and was measuring behind. I was put on strict bed rest, and made an appointment with the MFM for a follow up ultrasound. 4 days later the MFM told us that even though I had been on bed rest there was now no measurable fluid around the baby and the prognosis was very poor. After that, we went back and met with my OBGYN to discuss our options.

The next day I was induced and gave birth to our beautiful little 11 oz. angel. We got to hold our baby and take pictures. They also made hand and foot imprints and put everything into a memory box for us. I brought a baby blanket from home that we used and with my 3 year old son and I have slept with is every night since.

Today I had my post partum appointment with my OBGYN. He wasn't able to give us any answers as to why this happened. The pathology came back clear and there were no signs of infections. He thinks I may have had a slow leak all along and didn't realize it but couldn't be 100% sure.

We are heart broken, I try to be strong for my son but a lot of the time I just want to lay in bed all day and cry.  This is all so unfair, I just want my baby back.

Asher born February 5, 2011.

Baby #2 born sleeping at 20 weeks. May 6, 2014.

Re: Into *living child mentioned*

• Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby.  I hate to welcome new moms here but glad you have found a great place for support.  Please use the board as much as you want to vent or to greive.  We are all here for you.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options
    I am sorry for your loss.  Like @marylaurena said, we don't really like saying "welcome" to the board, since we are all here for the worst thing possible.  But, the ladies here are wonderful and you will get a ton of support.  Please know that you are not alone.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I am sorry that any of us are here, but I look forward to getting to know you all better.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Im so sorry for the loss of your sweet angel. I lost my daughter over a year ago, and i still sleep with her blanket. Gives me comfort. (((Hugs)))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that you will find this board as supportive and helpful as I have. ((Hugs))
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Let me know if I can help some how. We have a dd who will be three next week.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Married August 20th, 2005 to the love of my life.

1st BFP August 6th, 2010. Missed MC discovered at 13 weeks. 

2nd BFP January 5th, 2011. Beautiful Harper born September 28th, 2011.

3rd BFP March 15th, 2013. Treated with methotrexate for ectopic pg at 7 weeks.

4th BFP August 2nd, 2013. Sweet Micah born sleeping at 21 weeks with full T13. 5th BFP July 1st, 2014. Praying for a healthy, full term rainbow!

• Options
    VyD81VyD81 member
    edited June 2014
    Edit *siggy warning*

I'm sorry for the loss of your precious baby. 
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope you can find some comfort in talking with us about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss ((hugs)))
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    So sorry for your loss, this board is a incredible forum of support xo
  • Options
    ***Ticker***

So very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here. I too sleep with my sweet Colton's blankie every night, and it helps to have something of his to snuggle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I sleep with my sons blanket, too. I wonder if our babies had the same problem. My son was diagnosed with a urinary track blockage which caused zero amniotic fluid, kidney failure and little lung development. You can look up Potters syndrome if you think it would be comforting to have some possible answers. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I'm so sorry. I sleep with my sons blanket, too. I wonder if our babies had the same problem. My son was diagnosed with a urinary track blockage which caused zero amniotic fluid, kidney failure and little lung development. You can look up Potters syndrome if you think it would be comforting to have some possible answers. I'm so sorry for your loss.  

Thank you so much and I am sorry for the loss of your son. We had an autopsy done and they didn't see anything wrong with the kidneys or bladder, but I have done a little bit of research and a lot of the symptoms do match Potter's Sequence. My doctor thinks I may have had a slow leak due to a small tear or weak spot in the membranes, or funneling of my cervix  a but he's not really sure.

It is comforting to know that it was something that couldn't have been prevented and there was nothing I did to cause it.  It's just scary that there is nothing we can really do to prevent it from happening again if we are lucky enough to get pregnant again.

• Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your son.  I love the name Asher. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for your support ladies, I helps knowing that others have gone through the same thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"