Adoption

End of School Year Update

edited June 2014 in Adoption
So, I just thought I'd let you all know what hsppened after we left our IEP meetings last month. I know it's not really adoption-related, but some of you have followed our story since the beginning and been such a wonderful support.

Outrageously, they called us and told us about a bunch of changes that would be written into the IEPs. These were things in direct opposition to what the team agreed. So much for them not messing with us! I was upset, even though some of the changes were actually for the better. They were clearly completely violating procedure, and throwing out the agreements of the meeting by administrative fiat.

So we recalled another IEP meeting for M, and had it today. I was not about to let the changes take place without discussion, nor were we going to let them make the changes we didn't agree with, when they already agreed to a suitable situation during the meeting.

We made our point, and came out of it with a plan we can live comfortably with and signed both IEPs, so they can't make anymore changes on their own. I am just so happy that school's over on Wednesday and the plans are done and signed. Sure, the boys will have summer school, but that's low-key and had no homework. I can't wait to be able to put all school-related things out of my mind for a while!

Re: End of School Year Update

• Man, they never stop, do they? I'm glad that's some and you can focus on summer
  • Gosh you have had quite the battle with the school system. Enjoy your more relaxing summer Momma!
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

• Loading the player...
  • I just have a hard time believing they don't have more important things to do than messing with an IEP that was agreed upon with the parents!

• I'm glad to hear it worked out. I find it very odd they called to make changes to the IEP? I feel like there has to be a meeting no matter what changes are made in my state. (although the parents may elect not to attend) Fighting with the school district is soo stressful. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm glad to hear it worked out. I find it very odd they called to make changes to the IEP? I feel like there has to be a meeting no matter what changes are made in my state. (although the parents may elect not to attend) Fighting with the school district is soo stressful. 
    This is the law everywhere.  Our school district just plays fast and loose with the law.  Since the IEP wasn't typed up, we didn't sign it at the end of the meeting, and so they felt like it was only a draft and tried to force us into accepting these changes because we already met.
  • Wow that soooo icky. You would think  they would know you are not the parent to mess with like that
     :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"