Late Term and Child Loss

Intro and a couple questions

SandyEggo5SandyEggo5 member
edited June 2014 in Late Term and Child Loss
Hello, I hate to be joining this board and I'm sorry that all of you are here as well. Two weeks ago, my sweet baby was born sleeping at 32 weeks. It's been the deepest, most unimaginable pain. We've had a long road of infertility and loss, but the sadness I feel when I think about holding and touching our baby during the short time we had and the experiences we'll never share, swallows me whole. Hoping to find an outlet here with those who have been through similar times. 

A couple questions...

The last thing I want to do is upset anyone, so I have a question about ticker etiquette: should I include a ticker warning when I post?

I'd like to get a necklace in honor of my baby (perhaps with baby's own footprints?), but I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. Do you have one that you love?

And lastly, I've been hearing so much about the movie Return To Zero. I'd like to watch it but we don't have cable. Does anyone know of a way I can view it? (We have Netfilx, HuluPlus, AmazonPrime, & AppleTV)

After 2+ years TTC, 1 miscarriage, & 3 failed IUI's... IVF#1 worked! DD born 2012
2013 FET#1: BFP, but we lost the baby at 12 weeks
2013 FET#2: BFN
2014 FET#3: BFP, but our sweet baby was born sleeping at 33 weeks
IVF#2: BFP! DD born 2015
2017 IVF#3: BFN
2017 IVF#4: BFN
1st Dx = Unexplained IF, 2017 Dx = DOR

Re: Intro and a couple questions

• MeNVMeNV member
    I don't have the answer to any of your questions, I'm sorry, but I do want to say that I'm so very sorry for your loss of your sweet baby. 
    Baby Boy - 03/29/10
    Baby Boy - 08/02/12
    Baby Girl - 04/19/14 Missing her everyday.

• I am so sorry for both of your losses and so sad that you have to join us here.  We also had a long road of infertility before our twins and then lost our son after birth.  Things are still so new and fresh for you right now.  The grief will be all consuming now.  It took me months to feel like a human being again.  Counseling has helped me work through things as well.  

I got a necklace that I LOVE from Julian and Co.  It doesn't have my baby's specific footprints, but it is a high quality necklace and I wear it every single day.  

HUGS to you!
    2 year TTC journey with successful IVF in Nov 2012- B/G Twins!
    Baby Boy diagnosed with omphalocele and diaphragmatic hernia
    Born at 32 weeks due to PROM.  Emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord.
    Said Goodbye to our sweet Bennett after 5 short hours.  
    Spent 35 days in the NICU with our little girl.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious baby.

I don't know the answers to any of your other questions, but I do have a neckace I love. It doesn't have footprints or anything, it's just a small silver circle pendant from Tiffany & co with my son's initial engraved on it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am sorry for the loss of your little one.  Welcome to the board. 

As for the necklace, try Etsy.com.  They have many options to choose from, and I know many people have gotten jewelry from there.  My husband got me personalized jewelry from Kay as well (a ring with two heart stones and our babies' names engraved on either side).  There are tons of personalized necklace options as well.  I would do a google search on personalized Kay Jewelers, as it is hard to find on the website. 

The movie is out on dvd soon.  Lifetime is also viewing it online. 
  • VyD81VyD81 member
    edited June 2014
    ****sig warning***

I'm sorry for the loss of your baby. I think you're fine with what you've posted. If you are mentioning a new born or a baby, then I suggest to add warning so it doesn't upset new loss moms. 

As for necklaces, I used the handprints from the hospital and the funeral home I used had dog tags that they etch the baby handprint on it. MH is wearing it as a necklace. I wear my son's ashes in a teardrop pendant. 

Return to Zero is a great movie, if you can bring yourself to watch it, I think you'll appreciate how well it was made. Watch it with a box of tissue :(

Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• ***ticker warning***

I am so very sorry for the loss of your son. It is absolutely devastating, but please allow us to support you as needed.

As for ticker warnings, I include one when commenting on any new mom's post, or if I start a new thread. Its appreciated especially until people get to know you.

I bought my pendant with my daughter's footprints from this shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/CustomSilverPendants She does excellent work, is well priced and the piece holds up well. I recommend her to anyone looking for this type of jewelry. She confirms placement before engraving. I got this style, but she has several things to choose from. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/203076912? If you go into "sales" you can see all the different styles. It is an exact engraving of your baby's footprints.

Wish I could help you with #3, but I am in the same boat. I think we will just have to wait for it.

Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• I'm so sorry for your loss. This is where I got my necklace. https://www.labelledame.com I love it. Here is a picture (excuse the reflection of my bright green phone case).

It has his actual footprints on it. I just got dh a dog tag necklace for Father's Day. It also has Ben's actual footprints on it. Here's the site I used for that. https://www.etsy.com/shop/CherishedSentiments
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I am so sorry for your loss. The other ladies have answered most of your questions, but I wanted to say I'm so sorry to be welcoming you here and that we are all here whenever you need is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I am so sorry to have to welcome you here .....the pain is so unimaginable until you go through it. right now your pain is still fresh and even though it will never completely go away, you will learn to smile again. Looks like the group answered your questions so for now i'd say use this board as often as you need ...it can be a incredible sense of support with a wonderful group of women who truly understand what you're feeling right now, be gentle with yourself and take care xo
  • I'm so sorry. I got a beautiful silver heart necklace from this shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/Metamorphosis07 engraved with Isaac's name and birthdate. The engraving is on the edges of the heart so it is subtle and not everyone will know what it is. I feel like I might not want to answers questions everytime I wear it, but always want "him" with me.
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • ~~~Sig Warning~~~

I am so very sorry for your loss.  I hope you find this community as helpful and supportive as I have.  

I agree with PPs that etsy is a great place for memorial jewelry and other items.  As for RTZ, I believe the DVD is going on sale on Amazon very soon, just a couple of weeks.  However, I am not sure if it will be available for streaming on Amazon Prime.  

Sending you lots of ((((BIG HUGS))))

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am about your loss and hope you can find comfort here.  The ladies have already done a great job at answering your question. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"