North Carolina Babies

What's everyone's plans for tonight?

Because DD is waking up again after an hour or so of going to bed due to teething, I can't go anywhere (won't take a bottle, she wants to be nursed back to sleep right now). ?So we're not doing anything but watching the ball drop on the TV. ?I'm slightly disappointed -- last year, DH and I still lived in Manhattan and we were in Central Park watching fireworks and listening to New York New York by Sintra at midnight.

Anyone else going out for the night??

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What's everyone's plans for tonight?

• Honestly, I'd be amazed if I was still awake at midnight, lol. I am lame. But I'm tired and sick and I'm just glad DH has the day off work tomorrow.

Our neighbors typically do fireworks in our cul-de-sac....so I'm thinking we'll need like 3 fans on high plus baby crack to make sure it doesn't wake up Maddie!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have no interest in doing anything fancy tonight..  I really don't even plan to stay up until midnight.  I need my sleep!  Stick out tongue  We're just having leftovers, watched Spaced, and going to bed as far as I know.
  • Loading the player...
  • We are going to a party at a friend's house but depending on when my jet lag kicks in I may excuse myself early and head home. It is close enough for DH to walk so he can stay and drink as long as he wants, but I may not make it until midnight personally! lol
  • We are going to a NYE festival at our downtown tonight with some friends, but depending on how cold it is, we may not stay long. Then they are going to come over and we are going to get pizza or make dinner, Ashley is a night owl, so she will probably want to stay up late, I guess we will just play it by ear.
  • Nothing special - going over to a friend's house to watch a movie and have some pizza / wings.  I doubt I'll even be able to stay up to watch the ball drop. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're making fun snacks, DH is getting champagne (with a sip for me) and I plan on drinking lots of the sparkling grape juice!  Snuggling on the couch w/ DH is the perfect night for me (plus, I'm not sure if I'd be able to stay awake enough at a party - lol!)
  • It's just going to be a regular night for us probably. I am not planning to stay up for the ball drop. If we are not going to be doing something with friends I don't see the point!
  • If we do much of anything I'll be surprised, DH and I both have to work today and DH is working most of tomorrow so it's pretty much business as usual at our house. 
  • We made reservations for dinner at 8:00 but other than that, we'll just chill out at home.  I'm planning on taking a nap when I get home from my doctor's appt.  It'll be pretty low key.
  • We are going to dinner, but know it will be no more than 2 hrs tops. My gma is watching Andrew but i have to get him fed and basically have nothing wrong with him for the 2 hrs i am gone. So we will see what happens. I know once we get home though I will prob crash!
  • I'm going to try to stay up which is probably stupid since DS is teething and his sleep has been crap lately LOL!  We're staying home, and planning to do our "usual" which involves playing Trivial Pursuit and watching the ball drop.  We've got some champagne and are planning to get takeout from Pei Wei - mmmmm! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm working till 11. Ugh! Hopefully an uneventful night in the ER...but NYE is notorious for crazy s**t. I'll probably just be getting home at midnight.
  • We're planning to go to a friend's house, but we'll see. DH doesn't even really want to drink this year since I can't, so it will just be both of us watching the other couples get drunk and I'm not sure how much fun that will be. Plus, I am usually in bed by 10:30 when I have worked that day, so I don't know how long I'll be able to keep my eyes open.
  • headin up to our house on lake gaston with another couple for the night. nothin big, probably just a few glasses of champagne, and i'll likely not even stay up til midnight :-)
  • Getting some champagne and cooking dinner.  Nothing exciting.
  • Going to MacGregor Draft House for dinner with DH, then coming home... I'll be surprised if we stay up until midnight, but we did sleep til almost 9 today, so maybe!

Or maybe.....dare I say....we'll end up at the hospital...hehe. Still hopeful!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• We are GTG with DH's brother, SIL and nephew .... we're either going out to the Angus Barn or having the festivities at our house-- hopefully we'll decide in the next hour or so!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're going to a party at one of our South African friends' house and having "lamb on the spit." Should be fun.

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is being absolutely sober while the entire room gets trashed. ?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"