North Carolina Babies

WDYT? Taking DD to a basketball game

My mom, sister and dad were coming up next week to go to a Carolina bball game. They bought an extra ticket so that either me or DH could go with them while one of us stayed home with the baby. Well, now my dad has to work, so they have two extra tickets.

Do you think we should attempt to both go and take Maddie? The game doesn't start until 9. She might enjoy all the activity/people, unless she is too tired and just cries the whole time. She's not on a totally set schedule- sometimes she's up at 9, sometimes she's not. That's also a lot of people in a crowded space, and it is cold/flu season.

I'm leaning towards no, and DH said he doesn't mind staying home with her, but I just wanted to get some other opinions!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WDYT? Taking DD to a basketball game

• I would say no.  I think that would be way too much stimulation for her so late.  And it would be loud.  I don't think she'd be very happy, and you guys wouldn't have alot of room around you for her and her things.  I think it would be more trouble than it was worth. 

Is there someone else that you would feel comfortable keeping her while you both went? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think you've answered your own question already.  It's cold/flu season, it's late, it's a lot of people...  I personally woudn't do it just due to the time.  But once you add in all those other factors, it's just not worth it (for me).

Want a babysitter? Smile

• Loading the player...
  • We took Andrew to a hockey game recently.....but it wasnt UNC basketball and I am sure those games get pretty crazy. We had space all around us so we never felt cramped and he did enjoy watching the people on the ice but if it had been as crowded as a UNC game I would not have even chanced it. Plus that is really late since it starts at 9.
  • I wouldn't for reasons already mentioned -- too late for all that stimulation, too many people, etc.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks- y'all are just confirming my feelings! My mom kept saying, oh bring her, it'll be fine...but I don't think she thought about the germ aspect of it, and even though Maddie has been much less cranky lately (except for this possible teething thing!) I don't want to push her.

ECU- the game is on a Wednesday, and we won't be getting home until after midnight, or I might take you up on that :). Actually, that may be the reason DH volunteered to stay home...he's a pretty big fan of his sleep lately, lol. I'll get to sleep in the next morning b/c my mom is awesome and always takes morning duty when she's here.

• Yeah, after midnight on a Weds probably wouldn't work for me.  I can barely stay up past 10:00 as it is!  Oh well!  I think you should let your DH stay home so you can go out and enjoy the game & your family!
  • That seems late.  When we took Kira to a Duke game a few weeks ago the game started at 7:30.  She normally goes to bed around 9:30, and thus although she had a burst of energy running around after the game and we had a 90 minute drive back home, she was able to sleep in the car.  Starting at 9:00 would have been rough, even for a 13 month old!  (Heck, it would have been late for all of us!  We're not 20 years old any more, people! Stick out tongue)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • At her age, I would not take her for the reasons you already listed (the late start time, the germs). At Ashley's age, I would take her but maybe not to a 9pm game. If you are the one that goes, have fun!!
  • We took Brooks to Basketball games, Hockey games and more when he was little. It's so much easier to do when they are little b/c they aren't always on a schedule. He slept through a large portion of the games -- even with all the noise. You could always go and if she isn't happy, then you could go home.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"