July 2014 Moms

They keep stopping!

I'm 36 weeks today, preeclampsia and asthma, so issues going on. I have been getting the craziest and strongest contractions and right as I'm thinking ok, time to go, they stop. Every. Dayum. Time. I'm not trying to rush her out, and I know she's getting ready, but I'm frustrated. I'll be in serious pain and then it stops and she's like "Psych!" This is DD2, but all new for me because when I had contractions with DD1, they were real and it was time. I had a few BH but nothing even close to what's been going on. Is this normal and I just didn't get to experience this "joy" the first time?

Re: They keep stopping!

• My birth instructor had this happen to her. With all of those early contractions that went away for long periods of time before coming back, her labor lasted about a week. She said to think of it as you're in real labor but you get a bunch of nice breaks in between!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image          image

• I had a similar experience today. Contractions started at exactly 12 noon, I had one every four minutes each lasting over one minute. It went on for about 30 minutes and then completely stopped! I was induced with my first baby so this is all new to me. It was a bit of a wake up call for me, because I realized how much I need to do before he comes!
  • Loading the player...
  • AcsimAcsim member

My birth instructor had this happen to her. With all of those early contractions that went away for long periods of time before coming back, her labor lasted about a week. She said to think of it as you're in real labor but you get a bunch of nice breaks in between!

Jeebus. Well, I'm already on maternity leave, so might as well have a week long labor! Lol thanks.
  • AcsimAcsim member

I had a similar experience today. Contractions started at exactly 12 noon, I had one every four minutes each lasting over one minute. It went on for about 30 minutes and then completely stopped! I was induced with my first baby so this is all new to me. It was a bit of a wake up call for me, because I realized how much I need to do before he comes!

Right?!? I went crazy today. CRAZY. I cleaned like I've never cleaned this house before and I have a list of projects to do tomorrow juuuuuuust in case.
  • I have an irritable uterus so I've been getting contractions in intervals that will last a couple hours and then they stop. They get more intense the closer I get and the bigger LO gets. I was told I would "know" when they mean something and when I can't get them to stop after a few hours to call or go in. I feel like I'm gonna go In more than once before it's "go time"
  • On friday I started having contractions at 10am by 1:30 I had more then 30 contractions all lasting under 10mins apart and 30-60seconds because I'm only 34 weeks they had me go into l&d they said the contractions were false labor although on the monitor they were getting stronger. I was sent home to watch them and try to relax. They did become more painful but eventually went away. I'm now not aloud to work and playing the waiting game as to when she will decide to come. I have been having some bh and actual contractions since but nothing major enough to go in.

I hope you don't have this happen very long I understand how you feel the stopping and going. Good luck and baby will come soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hopefully you're dilating through all of this and you'll be halfway there when you do go in! Don't do too much so that you're too tired if it is real labor, and make sure you're getting snacks and water in!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

• I have this happen all the time. I went to L&D yesterday morning and they stopped. They still checked me and I am 6cm and baby is head down, -2. I don't even wait to see how long they last, I just go in because I am so dilated. I live 45 minutes away the doctor said if I sat around for an hour timing them I wouldn't make it if it was real. Needless to say I have been to the hospital A LOT. We literally know almost everyone at the security desk, triage, and L&D. 

image    image    

• Holly BearHolly Bear member
    edited June 2014

Here's some information on prodromal labor.  I know it can be so frustrating (happened for a week with me before I had my first), but hang in there.  Your body is doing a lot of the work for you now.

Great artical! I've been having non stop contractions, lower back pain, inner thigh pain for a week. I've lost part of my plug this week 70% effaced 1cm dilated. But NO BABY lol

• I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I hate this, it makes it so much scarier than when I had my DD. Mine hurt and I couldn't believe I want dialated last week at all. Grrrr
  • I had false labour with DD and it sucked. But then she came a few days later. I was over 38 weeks then though. Hope they stop or she comes soon! Unfortyunately it's pretty normal to have false labour or strong BHs.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"