July 2012 Moms
Options

Toys from our childhood

Just saw this old Fisher Price record player and remembered the hours of fun I used to have with it. No idea what happened to it. Apparently it's been re-released, but this time with batteries, which somehow doesn't sound as neat as the original.

Do you have any old favourites that LO now plays with too? Or any that you wish they still made?

Re: Toys from our childhood

• Options
    My sisters and I loved those stacking bath cups- we could entertain ourselves in the tub for hours, it seemed.  Love that LO gets some, too!
  • Options
    They do make Cabbage Patch dolls with yarn hair. It's the Vintage line. I got each of my girls one for Christmas. I am so excited to take them to Babyland General Hospital (Cabbage Patch kid hospital). I hope they enjoy it as much as I did as a kid.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KarmBKarmB member
    I was obsessed with my little ponies. Lilah is now obsessed too. wish they looked more like when I was little. she has one old one I found at a yard sale.

• Options
    zyaszyas member
    JennMM said:

Yes.

I had these too! I loved all my FP little people sets. Ava has this farm now that you posted the pic of - my parents just brought it for her last month. We are missing the Silo though, but she loves all the other pieces :)
  • Options
    zyaszyas member
    @summergirl1211 yes popples!! I wonder why they haven't brought those back - it seems everything else is coming back.

I also LOVED My Little Ponies and actually have my entire collection downstairs in our basement (another thing my parents recently brought with them). I haven't had a chance to go through them with Ava yet but I am so excited to do that! I have the Baby Pony Nursery too but it's still somewhere at my parent's house.

Other favorites were of course barbies, playmobil, lego and cabbage patch dolls. Those at still at my parents too.

• Options
    Polly pockets and troll dolls! I had the barn too but none of the pieces (I think we got it at the thrift store). I just liked opening the door to make it moo. Em doesn't have any of those, but she has this doll. It's not the one I grew up with but it's the same doll.

And YES to puppy surprise and popples! My poor dad had to "tuck in" the popples every night because I couldn't fold it properly.

Oh, and my pet monster!!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    PleionePleione member
    edited June 2014
    I'm jealous of all you folks who still have your own toys you can pass down. Moving a gizillion times across houses, countries, and continents has meant I have nothing left from my childhood. Well, except for a wind up doll my parents had kept for me and gave me last year when we visited. And by the time that came back with us in our luggage it had a broken leg. Boo.
  • Options
    zyaszyas member
    My mom saved some of my favorites (barbies, Lincoln Logs) for when LO is older. For now she's loving one of my old Cabbage Patch dolls complete with striped shirt, plaid jumper, and awesome white high tops. Did anyone else have a Light Brite? I loved that thing but can't imagine it was saved. I hardly recognize the flat screen versions sold today!
    I still have my old lite bright! It's still at my parents somewhere though.... but that's ok, Ava still has some time before she's old enough to be able to play with it. Oh how I loved that thing! I haven't even seen the new versions that are out now.
  • Options
    versedversed member
    I was obsessed with Barbie, My Child, cabbage patch kids, and Julie. My mom still has them all. She also has my Rainbow Brite dolls, My Little Ponies, Little People, and tons more. MIL has DH's Matchbox collection.

A is obsessed with cars, so those win him over. He also loves the Little People at my parents'.

I grew up playing with my mom's old Barbies and Little People at my grandparents' so I'm glad my boys will get to play with my old toys.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"