Parenting after a Loss

Intro, birth story and BPF (MW)

Hi everybody!! I'm so excited to be joining you! I'm MrsWallick. DH and I are both 25 and we welcomed our sweet rainbow on June 6. She's 1 week old today!

I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks in April 2013 and spent some time on TTCAL after that until I got my BPF in Oct, when I moved to PgAL. And now I'm here!

Short story: Anabelle Rose was born via emergency c section on 6/6/14 at 6:09am at only 36w 1d. She weighed 4 lbs, 6 oz and was 17 3/4 in long. No NICU time!!

Very long story: I went to my routine 36 week OB appt on Wed 6/4 where they discovered that I had high blood pressure and protein in my urine. Preeclampsia. Ugh! (Thank you for all the t&ps during my initial post about this). I was immediately sent to L&D for further testing. When I got there, they hooked me up to monitors and baby looked great. They did an ultrasound and noticed a mild abnormality in the umbilical cord and baby measuring in the 10th percentile for weight. This was surprising because my fundal height was also perfect and she always measured right on track during all other testing and ultrasounds. So the abnormality had to be a result of the preeclampsia, not something that was always present.

They did a 24 hour urine collection to determine exactly how much protein was in my urine. I wasn't having many of the typical preeclampsia symptoms, so doctor thought it was mild and I would likely go home and come back for induction once I was 37 weeks. Well, my protein levels came back at 1,100 (it should be under 100). So, induction was happening that night.

They placed cervidil around 10pm with the plan to keep that in for 12 hours and then start pitocin. Baby started having decels in heart rate so they started bolus in my IV to get her nice and sugary and happy. That didn't work, so at 11pm, cervidil was removed. They decided to start a small dose of pitocin at midnight to hopefully get me effaced and then they would crank it up in the morning. My contractions were minimal and I was actually able to fall asleep.

At 4:30am, the nurse woke me up and said that baby was still having decels and needed to come out via c section. I was prepped and given the spinal. I was freaking out about the spinal but my OB and L&D nurse both sat in front of me hugging me while it was done. I was so lucky to have such a great team!

My hubby came in and we were moving right along. Anabelle was born at 6:09am with a nice set of breathing, screaming lungs. I cried!

After the c section, I was shaking uncontrollably and losing focus and was actually scared to hold my little girl because I couldn't physically keep it together. My mom convinced me that it would be ok and as soon as she was in my arms and nursing, my body started calming down. Unfortunately, that only lasted for a few minutes and I started shaking again. They quickly started oxygen and a magnesium drip because I was showing signs of having a seizure. Anabelle was taken to the nursery and she wasn't allowed in the room with me until the magnesium drip was finished, 12 long excruciating hours later. That mag drip kicked my ass!! Luckily my amazing husband bounced back and forth between the nursery and me and did an awesome job taking care of everybody. I couldn't have gone through this without him!

After 6 long days in the hospital, we are home now and adjusting to life with a newborn. I am so in love with her and my little family! It is just amazing! Now for the goodies!

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk

Re: Intro, birth story and BPF (MW)

• Oh my goodness! What a harrowing ordeal, but she is absolutely precious! Congrats and welcome! 
    PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Congrats and welcome! Sounds a lot like my birth story including the mag drip which was AWFUL. So glad your sweet baby is home and doing well! What a cute squish!
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome. I am glad everything end up well despite all of the complications!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• So precious! Welcome, and congratulations!

imageimage

Me:41/ lean PCOS, 2 clotting disorders, IC/ DH:41~ TTC since 1/11
    Clomid 50mg,100mg,150mg | Injectables + IUI#1 & IUI#2= BFN
    IVF#1~ 8/2012~ 13 frosties~ BFP! OHSS
    12/4/12 Luke & Kyle born @ 18 weeks
    SHG+ Hysteroscopy+ FET= BFP | Cerclage+ Lovenox+ 5m Bed Rest
    ~Our wee guy is here! 11/27/13~

PAL January Siggy Challenge~ Good Advice

• Congrats and welcome! She's a cutie, isn't she?!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
     BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

• She's so cute! Congratulations! What a scary experience though. So glad it had a happy ending :)
  • I have an Anabelle (spelled the same!) too :) Congrats!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"