Special Needs
Options

Medical ID Bracelets

I know this has been asked a million times but I can't find it.  Maybe we should add it to the FAQ's.

We're planning a trip to Disney in December and I'm realizing now that DS1 walks we should get ID bracelets for the boys.  Both are nonverbal and don't reliably answer their names and are unable to follow any simple commands.  DS1 has also had seizures.

Has anyone ordered from places and had a good experience?  I'm thinking either cloth with a velcro closure or silicone.  I don't want metal because they both still like to mouth things and bite and chew.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: Medical ID Bracelets

• Options
    I found a flyer for this company.

www.laurenshope.com

They have really pretty and cool bracelets that are more like jewelry, but they also have one that is a velcro band that may work for you.....
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    I'm ordering one of these for X:
    For him it's because of his severe tree nut allergy. He's also "at risk for seizures," (history of one grand mal seizure and abnormal EEGs); that one's wishy-washy enough I'm not sure if I should include it on the bracelet or not. Not to hijack your thread, but would you? He has both a Diastat Rx and epi-pens.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I found a flyer for this company.

www.laurenshope.com

They have really pretty and cool bracelets that are more like jewelry, but they also have one that is a velcro band that may work for you.....
    Hm, they do have some good options as well. I think I'll show some of both to X and see what he likes.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I'm ordering one of these for X:
    For him it's because of his severe tree nut allergy. He's also "at risk for seizures," (history of one grand mal seizure and abnormal EEGs); that one's wishy-washy enough I'm not sure if I should include it on the bracelet or not. Not to hijack your thread, but would you? He has both a Diastat Rx and epi-pens.
    Ds1 has had seizures and a scrip for diastat so I am putting it on there. I guess it's more in case he can't answer or has a seizure no one else panics
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"