Houston Babies

anyone have a bike trailer?

i technically got one for DH for christmas, but didn't buy it yet (yes, that's right. i drew him a picture of it). so he started doing some research and i think he really wants a Chariot.

so, there is a $200 difference from the Cheetah to the Cougar. anyone have either of these and can say whether the $200 is worth it (safety or serious features)? thanks!

Re: anyone have a bike trailer?

• we have a Burley..  I know nothing about them..  DH does triathalon and it's the one that his friends suggested.  We also looked at the Chariot...  but didn't want to spend that much...  The Burley folds flat so it can easily be put in the truck and taken places.  It also has a stoller attachment...  We bought the single...  before our "surpise"...   I'll ask DH.. he is the expert
  • yeah, please do. accoring to Burley's website (snark) the big difference between a B and a Chariot is that the C comes with bells & whistles to impress the parents and the B is equipped to be more comfy for the kiddos. ha! Ray will be happy to hear any real life reviews over just on line stuff. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • No help here, but it's funny you just posted this.  We just got back from a local bike store here in our area and were looking at either getting a trailer or a seat for Dh to use for G.  They have one that actually converts to a jogging stroller.....that's so cool!! But the price is steering us....him towards the seat instead.    
    image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • imageJamicanBride:
    No help here, but it's funny you just posted this.  We just got back from a local bike store here in our area and were looking at either getting a trailer or a seat for Dh to use for G.  They have one that actually converts to a jogging stroller.....that's so cool!! But the price is steering us....him towards the seat instead.    

yeah, they are really pricey. but much like a BOB, they have amazing resale value so we feel better about dropping the dough. a seat is a good option, but not with 2 kids...

• Have you asked on the Parenting board, too?  I seem to remember discussion of bike trailers a few months back.
  • Okay...  talked to DH...  Mind you he is VERY into cycling....  He spent more on his last bike than my engagement ring (but I'm not bitter or anything)...  anyway...  he said that Chariot is a "system"..  the selling point is that you can add a bunch of stuff to it to use it for other things...  The Burley is a very good bike trailor and nothing more...  you can't take it skiing or run with it...  as for the price difference..  he took a quick look.   weight of the unit and the wheels account for the price variation...  If you aren't going to use "all the fancy stuff" you might look at the Burley.  They have them at REI...  we bought ours used at the annual sale...
  • We got one for Charlotte for Christmas :) ?DH and I got "new" bikes from the ILs, and we have been wanting to get her a trailer for a long time, so that was Santa's big gift to her. ?I'm not sure what kind we have but we like it so far - it converts into a stroller, too, which is nice if you want to ride your bike somewhere and then not have to take the baby out. ?I'll have to go look and see what it is. ?We've only used it once but like it so far.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're getting a Burley D'lite.  DD loves the brand and told me to pick one and he'd get it.  It can be a jogger/stroller and I think it has attachments for skiing...not gonna use that in TX.  I can't wait to get it and give it a go. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"