Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

gDiapers or not?

I'm in my 7th month of pregnancy but have started looking into what kind of diapers I want use. I've been reading all about the hybrid type diapers and loved the idea behind gDiapers. I would love to stay as Eco-Friendly as I can but don't want the cost of diapering my baby eat me out of house and home.

I like the idea of being able to do a cross between a disposable and cloth diper with the gDiaper, also willing to deal with the high cost at the start. What I would like to know is if any of you gDiaper users have good tips on helping keep the price down while using them?

Re: gDiapers or not?

• Options
    I used gdiapers briefly for my first. I wouldn't recommend them. Great in theory but not in practice. They're kind of fiddly with the 3 layers and the liners (both cloth and disposable) are not that absorbent. I'd recommend going for "real" cloth diapers - way easier to deal with, and actually cheaper than gdiapers, depending what kind you get. GL!
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    I second going cloth. gDiapers get a lot of complaints in the cloth world. If you are looking for something easy like disposables at a lower cost check out Kawaii Little Green Bamboo or Pure and Natural. You can get 20-30 fpr $130-150. They are pocket diapers, super easy to use and if you go with the Pure and Naturals they last a while. They are considered newborn diapers but DS is 5 months, 16lbs and will probably wear them at least another 2 months. If you don't mind a little more work prefolds and covers are even cheaper you just have fold them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"