Philadelphia Babies

HUP

Anyone have any experiences they would like to share after delivering at HUP?  Im hoping all positive! 

Re: HUP

• HBumHBum member
    I would like feedback too.
    Do you see docs at penn OB/GYN associates?
    I was told by someone that those docs aren't the ones that will be at your birth. That all the babies are born with hospitalists, not the docs you actually see in the offices for your prenatal care. Does anyone know if this is true?
    I will be having a c-section and I don't I want someone that I don't know at all operating on me.
  • Hi! I am not a patient yet... I have my first appt in 3 weeks but that is where I will be going. 3701 right? I don't have a definite answer to your question. I'm actually an employee at the hospital (just haven't had much interaction with anyone delivering there). I spent a good deal of time on the phone with one of the nurses and from what I understand the doc on call is who will deliver the baby. If you have a scheduled c- section, you can schedule with the doc you want. This is most likely the route I'm going as well. (My first pregnancy ended in a c).
  • Loading the player...
  • HBumHBum member
    Small world - I work at HUP too but not in direct patient care. I delivered at PAH & lankenau before. I understand that if you have a vaginal birth, that you would get who is working but from what I heard, the docs that you see in the office are never 'on call' that there are docs that cover l&d that don't see patients in office. Maybe it is different with a c-section? I have my first apt with the maternal fetal medicine docs at the end of the month so I'll be asking. I will see an OB at 3701 after that.
  • Oh interesting! Let me know what you find out. I do know that dr. Beshara sees patients at 3701 but doesn't deliver babies. So, maybe there are a few docs like that? Will have to find out so I know not to see those ones. If you don't mind me asking, why are you switching hospitals? I delivered at st. Mary's first and am switching bc of the insurance. I was going to go with PAH but it was extremely inconvenient dr appt wise.
  • HBumHBum member
    This pregnancy is high risk so I'm switching b/c my old OB doesn't feel comfortable with my case :-/
  • HBumHBum member
    @RedheadBaker‌ when did you give birth? It's my understanding that this delivery rotation is newer. I had my first baby at PAH and my OB did my c/s but I understand all of Penn is using this model. It seems kind if weird. Did you see a general OB as well?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"