April 2013 Moms

Shoe question..

I have a late walker on my hands.....wondering at what point I need to buy her real shoes??? I thought it was once she started walking but daycare told me she should have them now so she doesn't get flat feet? Ay advice? TIA

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

Re: Shoe question..

• I bought Stride Rites when he was outgrowing the Robeez leather soles. It also was to help him because he was tippy toe walking for a week. The Stride Rites are awesome, they are open enough to get air through them and are closed enough to protect his feet. Also got it half off Memorial Day.

Anyways, I think flat feet are hereditary or because of fallen arches from being too heavy. I know because my flat feet are from a mix of both.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh and he only has been wearing shoes when we leave. He takes them off inside houses. I think being barefoot helps them gain balance and actually strengthen their tendons.

• Loading the player...
  • Another vote for the stride rites! We got them for B once she started walking along the furniture/with a push walker. We started with their step 2's. No that she's actually walking, we have her in step 3's.

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• DD isn't walking yet either ... but we have some shoes from Target that are like closed-toed sandals that still have a flexible sole yet are sturdy enough for when she's on her feet outside (cruising/walking holding our hands). 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We have stride rite too. They have softer sole shoes but still firmer than the plain leather sole shoes. They would be perfect for a crawler or someone learning to walk, since they don't seem heavy or restricting like some full hard sole shoes can be.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • none5none5 member
    We have stride rite and Clarks. I really like Clarks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I thought you weren't supposed to get shoes until they are walking? I don't know about the flat-foot claim, sounds like made-up fake science land to me. We waited until Warner was cruising and just starting to walk, and Stride Rites are the bomb!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • love4blove4b member
    edited June 2014
    B only walks when we're holding her hands and only wears her shoes if she wants to walk/stand when we're out - otherwise she's barefoot pretty much all the time. We got pedipeds and really like them.

• Thanks for the advice ladies. I'm going to try and take her to stride rite this week. She is SO close to walking, it's unbelievable.....so I am thinking I can get her a pair of the step 2s and she'll get plenty of mirage out of them. Of course my next issue is that she has REALLY small feet. Pretty sure the 3s may be too big :/

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• They should measure her feet at Stride Rite. I though Connor couldn't be more than a 6.. maybe 5. Turns out he was a size 7, lol. The size 7 will probably last to the end of summer, maybe. My hobbit's feet are growing faster than the rest of his body.

• AisakAisak member
    We're not walking yet here so I just have a couple of pairs of cheap soft soled shoes for when we're out. Grandma's on a mission to find a certain pair of Salt Water sandals for summer. She's only a size 3!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just got my first pair of shoes for DS. He has done a little independent walking but mostly walks holding on to people's hands. I got him a pair of Soft Star Shoes. I ordered a size 5 but they were borderline too small, so I sent them back and got a pair of size 6 instead. DS really seems to like them and happily wore them out grocery shopping.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"