Adoption

I am a birthmother

I have posted before, but not much but I saw the post about titles. I actually have no problem with the title Birthmother. I am the one who gave birth to her. I do not see it as that was my only purpose though. I gave her life for someone else to raise because I was unable to at the time she was born. I do not like the term first mom personally, just because that implies to me that I won a race and should get a prize. I completed an adoption plan, and while I did surrender my rights to raise her and be called her legal parent...I am ALWAYS her mother. My daughter is almost 7 1/2 and is lucky enough to have 2 mothers in this world...and both love her very much. She is always in my thoughts and prayers. My husband and I are expecting our first child together, and while I will love our daughter, that does not mean I will love either one of them less. I am just at a time in my life when I can take care of a child and myself.

I do not mean this to flame or offend anyone, I just thought you might like to see someone else's perspective on the topic.

Re: I am a birthmother

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"