May 2013 Moms
Options

OT: Anyone here live in Charlotte, NC? Possible Relocation..

Hi Mommies! I currently live in So Cal and we might be relocating to NC for a possible job opportunity for DH. We visited NC this past weekend and I have mixed feelings about it since I am born and raised in Cali, I can't imagine leaving! I'm not trying to be a stalker or anything, just wanted to know if anyone lives in Charlotte, NC and has any recommendations on certain neighborhoods out there! Thanks!!

Re: OT: Anyone here live in Charlotte, NC? Possible Relocation..

• Options
    Midwest girl here so no recs but Good Luck with the move!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I have lived in Charlotte for 7 years now. I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY so I understand about moving!!  I am more than happy to help with any questions you have!! We are currently saving to move to another area of Charlotte next year. So I have been stalking Zillow already - it gives the school ratings - which is important to me - right now we are zoned in a not so great school area. We want to live north of the city in Cornelius. They have good schools and its close to hubby's work. Davidson is north as well is good. Mooresville is north as well but traffic would be a nightmare for me to get to work. Pineville is good. Ballantyne is an excellent area of Charlotte - would highly recommend. Southpark and Myers Park areas are great too. Mint Hill and Matthews are good too. Let me know if you have any questions!! ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have lived in Charlotte for 7 years now. I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY so I understand about moving!!  I am more than happy to help with any questions you have!! We are currently saving to move to another area of Charlotte next year. So I have been stalking Zillow already - it gives the school ratings - which is important to me - right now we are zoned in a not so great school area. We want to live north of the city in Cornelius. They have good schools and its close to hubby's work. Davidson is north as well is good. Mooresville is north as well but traffic would be a nightmare for me to get to work. Pineville is good. Ballantyne is an excellent area of Charlotte - would highly recommend. Southpark and Myers Park areas are great too. Mint Hill and Matthews are good too. Let me know if you have any questions!! ;)

Agree with all of this! The school situation is hit or miss, so research them with this link: https://www.ncreportcards.org/src/main.jsp?pList=2&pYear=2012-2013. I was a teacher in CMS (the public system that the entire county is in, with 145,000+ students) so I know a lot about the schools. NC went to the national Common Core curriculum for testing, and the results that are available now are the 2012-13 school year which was the first year of the revised tests. Even great schools were only around 70-80% passing, so don't get concerned. The state implemented a new rating scale this year, and results are better, but those haven't been released yet (since we just finished testing). There are also a ton of private school options available too if that's your style. PM me with any questions. I'm a transplant also, along with the vast majority of people living here. It makes it really nice, because since so few people have family here, your friendships are really important and everyone is looking to make new friends. You don't have to break into any leftover high school cliques ;)

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"