Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Cheek rash

Hi! My lo developed this rash on his cheeks for 3 weeks now .. Dry and pink- red ; he keep sucking his hands and run on the cheek. I have been applying aquaphor, vasoline but they are no clearing. It doesnot look too bad for me to call the ped. I am ftm and don't know what else I can use .. Any advices would be great ! Thanks

Re: Cheek rash

• Options
    Maybe aloe vera? I think that is safe for babies, but double check.
  • Options
    flclflcl member
    When my little guy developed a drool rash, it got so bad it felt like a scab.  I did take my LO to the pedi and she said to put a very thin layer of hydrocortisone on it but follow it with aquaphor.  We did that once a day and it started to clear up after a couple of days.  GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine had a yeast rash from drool and pacifier, we used OTC clotrimazole to clear it up.
  • Options
    I also use baby oil and aloe Vera
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • Options
    Has it cleared up, OP? If not (and I'm just throwing this out there from experience), it could be a food allergy. My son's cheeks react this way to cow's milk. Hopefully it isn't that, but just in case. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I used aquaphor and within a day it cleared up
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"